5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

How much should I ask for this mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:57 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

22 psi and nitrous all on what looks like to be a stock engine......if it is true, I gaurantee it hasn't been run full out, cause that block will split once it sees the full wrath of 22 psi....but here's a more likely scenerio.....BS on the sellers claims!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:27 PM
blkside
1st Gear Member

I dont know WTF you guys consider a hack job but look at that engine bay again. Wires are spliced together with pinch splices for stereos. Theres a multipiece hard line ran over the engine. The radiator hose is digging into the filter. WTF are those ghetto *** brackets holding over each turbo with zip ties?

I know turbo cars and I wouldnt buy this for any amount of money. Good luck...
Old 03-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Amuso
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by blkside
I dont know WTF you guys consider a hack job but look at that engine bay again. Wires are spliced together with pinch splices for stereos. Theres a multipiece hard line ran over the engine. The radiator hose is digging into the filter. WTF are those ghetto *** brackets holding over each turbo with zip ties?

I know turbo cars and I wouldnt buy this for any amount of money. Good luck...

I don't know anything about wire splicing so i didnt notice anything, I'm not sure what you mean by the hard line. The radiator hose is not digging into the air filter, its barely touching it. And the brackets are holding up the nitrous purge and led lights, If i did end up buying this the first thing I would do would be to take the nitrous out.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

On the wiring he is talking about the tps wire. It is probably wired to the nitrous so it activates at wide open throttle. I am not sure what kind of splice that is. The ones I have seen cut the wire in half. Which is a bad thing.

By hardline he means the nitorus purge lines.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:03 PM
prangy
1st Gear Member

I do not see a problem with the radiator hose on the filter. I like the car, but would not buy it personally.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

I took a look at that car also. It is very well done but there were a few shotty things in the engine bay that kept me away. The turbo kit is an obvious EBAY deal which could be good or bad. As for 22psi, he is lying and I told him that when I drove it. I'd say he possibly has 10psi at more going into that vehicle. Car was fast but not 22psi fast. As for the nitrous, he wouldn't let me try it. I think he may be hiding something on that end.

If you have mechanical ability and aren't afraid of some possible wiring gremlins, I'd say go for it.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Amuso
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dj_Seph
I took a look at that car also. It is very well done but there were a few shotty things in the engine bay that kept me away. The turbo kit is an obvious EBAY deal which could be good or bad. As for 22psi, he is lying and I told him that when I drove it. I'd say he possibly has 10psi at more going into that vehicle. Car was fast but not 22psi fast. As for the nitrous, he wouldn't let me try it. I think he may be hiding something on that end.

If you have mechanical ability and aren't afraid of some possible wiring gremlins, I'd say go for it.

I had a feeling it was not 22 psi as well, but I didn't call him on it, I don't really want a monster street car anyways haha

He told me he has never used the nitrous, so that's probably why he wouldn't let you test it, he's probably afraid it will blow the engine.

It seems that most of the bad wiring is a part of the nitrous system, and I will definitely take the nitrous out if I buy it, so it's not a huge problem for me.

Since the car is obviously not what he thinks it is, do you think I could get him to lower the price? I still really like the ca, but I don't know if I can get my car sold at a high enough price to break even on on it :/
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

For one, the nitrous bottle needs to be in a different compartment than the driver. that's safety 101... that's the only obvious thing I spotted. Beyond that, if it's a sub 11 second car I think for AZ it needs to have a roll cage..? it might be sub 10 second.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Its breathing through stock heads and intake and prob a stock cam. If that thing went low 12's I would be surprised.

Looks like rice to me.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I wouldn't touch it, for even half of what he's asking.

Quick Reply: How much should I ask for this mustang?