5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

1st impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Force4
3rd Gear Member

Man that motor looks sick. I ran a 70mm on my last 351w build a few years ago. Didnt last long though, ended up melting a piston while getting it dyno tuned - It never was 9 second capable though, good luck!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Exhaust is on the car as a temp/permanent thing. I am still not sure if I am gone to leave it a single 3.5 or do a merge and do dual 3.5 I put a Dyno max flow tube on it. it sounds like a old truck but what ever makes it work LOL
Old 05-25-2013, 05:35 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Well I have ran a full tank of gas almost out of the car. Car is now legal. I put one 3.5 exhaust on the car with a turn out in front of the rear wheel this thing is back to loud with the 9in long bullet on it. it is gone to get another I do believe. darn thing sounds like a old truck. been fighting to get it to idle but I think I am on the way to it. it has a light lean tip in problem and it is pig fat up top still have not smacked it real hard yet getting ready to put the D/R back on. Car runs good other then those issues trans. is working fine and the 2 step is hitting I can get it to almost 5 psi. on the foot brake cut the the 2 step lose and lift. LOL back to I need to get the D/R back on LOL. Just a heads up I have never been able to make boost on the foot brake so I would say the converter is doing it job HELL YEAH!! and that is still on street tires..
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

OK this thing is killing me in gas LOL. Car is running great and no real issues other then the darn thing is running hot I was running a Tarsus fan that I would turn on and off when needed at idle it was fine as I would run down the road at 45 or faster the gauge would climb till I turned on the fan. last time car was running.
Well car is doing the same thing and I don't like it so off comes the electric fan and back on goes the stock set up with wetter water new high flow thermo. and man it runs nice and cool down the road never even starts to get hot but now it gets hot when sitting or moving real slow Fing car.
So now I am thinking of gone to a A/W intercooler to help open the front of the car back up to get some air in it. unless I can get it to to cool better at a idle anyone have any suggestions? I guess I could put a pusher fan on it. But I would have to buy one and hope it works I really don't want to keep throwing money at this thing.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
OK this thing is killing me in gas LOL. Car is running great and no real issues other then the darn thing is running hot I was running a Tarsus fan that I would turn on and off when needed at idle it was fine as I would run down the road at 45 or faster the gauge would climb till I turned on the fan. last time car was running.
Well car is doing the same thing and I don't like it so off comes the electric fan and back on goes the stock set up with wetter water new high flow thermo. and man it runs nice and cool down the road never even starts to get hot but now it gets hot when sitting or moving real slow Fing car.
So now I am thinking of gone to a A/W intercooler to help open the front of the car back up to get some air in it. unless I can get it to to cool better at a idle anyone have any suggestions? I guess I could put a pusher fan on it. But I would have to buy one and hope it works I really don't want to keep throwing money at this thing.
John, I have two 16 inch pushers you can try,they are SPAL and if they work then we can work a deal, if not you can give them back you know how to get a hold of me..lol
Old 06-03-2013, 01:21 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Will be calling Mike. Hey do you still have that RPM Air Gap intake that guy with the 5.0 that we was talking to about running hot might be looking to buy it if you still have it.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
Will be calling Mike. Hey do you still have that RPM Air Gap intake that guy with the 5.0 that we was talking to about running hot might be looking to buy it if you still have it.
no. I sold that a while ago, give me a call this evening around 8.p.m why does he want to switch??
Old 06-04-2013, 06:32 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Very Nice !
Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Mike bring home fans
Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

pusher fans wont fit due to innercooler and trans cooler I just put the Electric fan back on and will cycle it when driving for the time being until I can get it all worked out.
I did hook up the evc. system to one valve cover and it will still push the dip stick out with no lock down on it so I put a spring on it and no more pushing dip stick.
Evac. dont seem to pull to much at idle but it dont really need to so I need to drive the car and do a test but it does seem to help some but My 3.5 exhaust seems to be hindering it. I am looking into a different set up if this dont work out that sends the valve covers to a dump tank then routes the tank back to the turbo inlet.
Put well over 100 miles on the car yesterday and all is fine makes 5psi on the foot brake easily and will destroy the D/R taking off so that is much better then before. That converter is the ****.

Quick Reply: 1st impressions