5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Where can I cap smog lines?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Lukeb11

Default Where can I cap smog lines?

Old 07-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Lukeb11

Originally Posted by Lukeb11
what can I cap the smog line with where I have it circled in red?
Old 07-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Lukeb11

Just wondering if there is a way I can cap the check valve circled in the photo?
Old 07-02-2017, 10:40 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

It has been too long since I have seen this equipment on my car so, I don't know how you would cap it. The black pipe goes to the back of both heads. Can't remember where else, maybe the egr? The grey pipe goes back to the h-pipe in the exhaust. I can't remember what it hooked to either. I think to that valve you are pointing at but, it has just been too long.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:45 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

now if you decide to delete all that stuff, you will have to at worst cut the pipe off the h-pipe and crimp it. It is best to have it welded up but, you can get away with just crimping and rolling it I believe. The pipe going to the head, you will take off and buy some plugs for. You can just let the egr stay there unhooked but, you can also buy/build a block off plate. I have two of them that I built myself by just cutting some steel or aluminum.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Lukeb11

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
now if you decide to delete all that stuff, you will have to at worst cut the pipe off the h-pipe and crimp it. It is best to have it welded up but, you can get away with just crimping and rolling it I believe. The pipe going to the head, you will take off and buy some plugs for. You can just let the egr stay there unhooked but, you can also buy/build a block off plate. I have two of them that I built myself by just cutting some steel or aluminum.
the egr isn't connected to the smog lines and I won't to leave it on. The pipe going behind the heads is going to be a pain to get out so I just want to cap it. Anybody have a suggestion on how to do it?