Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Coyote Supercharger Availability?

Old 06-20-2010, 07:52 AM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
doubtful anyone on this forum really cares whether you agree with me or not and on what when you do. So no need to really make a post regarding that revelation for you, but the fact of the matter is, your statement above isn't true either.
And you wonder why people flame out on you.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cidsamuth
And you wonder why people flame out on you.
Sorry dude, I don't wonder that, cuz if anybody "flames" on me, it's you.
Not quite sure what your problem is really, but to be honest, the way you've been and the comments you've made in a few of my threads over the last 2-3 weeks, I really don't care what your problem is.
If you don't have anything good to say bro, don't say anything, at least in my threads/posts, etc. How's that idea for you? Can you agree with yet another thing I've said now too?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the info Jared.

Though impressive as 9's is for Strictly Performance, not blowing the motor after having it for a month doesn't mean reliable at that level yet.

If the 5.0 proves to not blow motors at 7 psi after 20k hard miles then I may be ok with it.
But either way, I'm more of the type to play it a bit safe than push my luck. To me the difference of 40-50 hp when you are talking 550-600 hp means very little, but it may mean a BIG difference if a 550 hp car can run hundreds of 1/4 mile runs and rolling runs with no problems but a 600 hp version has a half dozen blown engines in the next 6 months to a year.

But again, thanks for the info of just using a slightly larger pulley.
I'd think there would need to be a different tune for it too, and not the same one used for the smaller pulley that produces 7 psi correct?
I fully understand wanting to be safe. From what I understand Ford has already done durability testing with the 2.3L kit. Not sure how many miles or hours are on the cars they've been testing the kits with but I'll try and get a little more info.

In regards to running a larger pulley to lower the boost level no change in the tune should be needed.

Jared
Old 06-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Awesome Jared, thanks for the 411
Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Sorry dude, I don't wonder that, cuz if anybody "flames" on me, it's you.
Not quite sure what your problem is really, but to be honest, the way you've been and the comments you've made in a few of my threads over the last 2-3 weeks, I really don't care what your problem is.
If you don't have anything good to say bro, don't say anything, at least in my threads/posts, etc. How's that idea for you? Can you agree with yet another thing I've said now too?
Well, since you make idiotic threads every 10 minutes or so, it will be hard to not say anything. In my original thread, I was actually agreeing with you, yet you had to make a snippy remark anyway. Respond if you want, but I'm done.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
I'm not saying you are wrong here, but that is 100% not what the guy at FRPP told me when i called then to talk about superchargers and warranty. He was very, very specific in that you lost the warranty and even said there is lots of incorrect information floating around out there. FRPP parts are not ford parts wither, they are Whipple parts rebranded with the FRPP marque are they not.

i also asked my dealer, who has a speed shop, and they said absolutely the HO kit voids the warranty and the 400hp kit left you what i mentioned before. and my car had 7 miles and was brand new off the lot. That was with me asking them to install. So one of us has bad info, mine came from FRPP. that said, i could have talked to the only dumbass in the place, i have no idea. I am also under the impression that they changed warranty coverage starting with the 10 year models. Anyone interested in this needs to really, really do their research and don't trust the dealer's word. they will say anything to make a $5K sale on a blower kit. I'd be nervous voiding the warranty on a new car, which is why i am on the M90, but especially worried about voiding the warranty on a first year for a new drive train. ask anyone with an early 05 S197 how much fun it was to be first.
I had an 07GT before my present car...and I did a lot of research into the S/C. I called up Ford directly and talked to them, and they told me that if you ordered it from factory with the S/C installed then it retained full warranty...and that if you had it installed used, 12/12. One of the local dealerships said the same thing. The other local ford was a roush dealer, so told me to get the roushcharger.

The warranty on my car now, straight from the book says that if it is a Ford part installed by a certified dealer than Ford will warranty it. Or if you have Ford install it then it can even be a non-ford part. It sounded too good to be true so I took it into the dealership and got their interpretation...same thing

I recently moved to a different state and took my car to get worked on (the rear gears were whining from the 3.73 I got installed). As soon as they put in the VIN is popped up a message ~*warning: FRPP installed*~ They came out and asked about it and I told them what I had and showed dealer sheets from where it was installed. They gave me the OK and fixed the 3.73s for free...

This is all on the 05-09s though...so I don't know if they changed it for the 10+
Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

I totally forgot about the 2.3L kits... I have been looking at upgrading my S/C so long that I forgot about some of the other sizes available.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cidsamuth
Well, since you make idiotic threads every 10 minutes or so, it will be hard to not say anything. In my original thread, I was actually agreeing with you, yet you had to make a snippy remark anyway. Respond if you want, but I'm done.
Dude what's your problem?
Idiotic threads every 10 minutes? If you are going to accuse me of something, please back it up with facts please.
I've been a member here for over 5 years, you've been a member here for a couple months and you have nearly as many posts as I do already.
I hope you are done, cuz I have no idea why you feel like you need to act like you do with my posts.
If you don't agree with my posts or my occasional threads, and can't respond with maturity just don't post in them bro. It's REALLY that easy.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 AM
MojoRisen

Thanks for the info, Jared. Keep us all posted!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 AM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

lotsa good info in here fellahs thanks for sharing