Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Aftermarket 5.0L Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

So you paid $400 ish for what we talked about paying $150 for?

okay.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 AM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

I paid $373 shipped for my Competition Series Magnaflows (axle-back muffler delete). I suspect they'll go down to about $250 within a year.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 AM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2011CS
So you paid $400 ish for what we talked about paying $150 for?

okay.
There's no reason to get all upset just because your reading comprehension is questionable. Everyone has problems mate!

Unfortunately all of the reputable fabrication shops around me are unable to TIG weld, and 2/3 of the ones I contacted are unwilling to work with stainless steel. Sorry, but I live in a hick town, and I'm not willing to put some MIG welded jigsaw POS pipes on my car, nor drive 4 hours to the closest city to find someone who can do it well.

Time is money, and I would rather spend a little extra and have it done once, and done right.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:41 AM
stangit9090
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
Time is money, and I would rather spend a little extra and have it done once, and done right.
WORD.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

Double the price is the issue I had and it is more feeling bad that some guys get bent over on these parts for no reason other than the suppliers raping us to have it first or sooner.

I'm all for having it done correctly.

I'm not into people having to pay too much just because they think we will.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Hysteric
1st Gear Member

I know its a haul from Maryland, depending on where you are, but on my truck I went to a local performance exhaust shop in Egg Harbor City, NJ. He custom bent stainless pipe right there and welded it to a super 44 flowmaster. I think I payed just over $500 for it, time/materials/installation. He did a great job and warranteed it for 1 year, even if I back into something or just bend the pipes. PM me if you want the details because I am not sure how this forum is with advertisements
Old 06-28-2010, 07:59 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

I installed the Competition Series Magnaflow (axle back muffler delete) tonight. It took less than an hour, and I didn't even have to jack the car up.

The sound is incredible. Very loud and deep. I'll find out tomorrow about drone.

FYI, the rumors about the weight of the stock mufflers was NOT exaggerated. They weighed a ton!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Here's a short clip of the Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L on the dyno at UPR Products in Lake Worth, FL. For this run the car had the stock tune and a Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X-pipe. Everything else on the car is completely stock. As far as dyno numbers go we're unable to advertise them as that info will be released in an up and coming 5.0 Mustang Magazine article compliments of editor Steve Turner. We are however able to release information about the gains we got with the 3" offroad pipe over the stock one. On a completely stock 5.0L we picked up 14rwp with the addition of the 3" offroad pipe only. This is on the stock tune with the stock manifolds and stock catback. All we did was remove the stock catted H-pipe and put on the Lethal Performance 3" mandrel bent x-pipe and a 14rwhp gain was achieved. The offroad x-pipes go for $299.00 and will be shipping the first week of July. Our 3" offroad x-pipe is mandrel bent and is a simple bolt-on modification. No cutting or welding is required. Installation should take less than an hour. You can order them by either calling us over the phone or by placing the order online. Either way we'll be glad to assist you.

DYNO PROVEN 14rwhp GAIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJTxD1Zi4UU

http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...x-pipe-p-34715

Last edited by Boostaddict; 06-29-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Do you guys have a dyno graph? Its not that I want proof of the 14 hp increase, I'm just curious to see the gains in the rest of the torque and power curve compared to stock. In fact I'll probably get an off road midpipe anyways just for the acoustics. Test drove a 5.0 the other day and I agree with the general consensus that its way too quiet.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Ok, I just re-read your post and saw the part about being unable to advertise the dyno numbers yet, my bad. (worst first post ever)

How about "in general" ....is changing only the mid pipe going to affect a broad area of the power curve or is it more of a peak HP increase?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket 5.0L Exhaust Options