Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ripper Alpha
Nice and on 6psi it's being the compositions supercharged setups. Oh and would you look at that, there reconfiguring the engine for forced induction. Funny I know I claimed and said stuff very similar to this.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...charger-3.html
They never said they HAD to reconfigure anything ... you are taking what they are doing to your own personal advantage but to get MORE out of ANY car it always behooves you to alter the internal components of a vehicle.

Before anything "smart" comes out to get more out of forced induction is the more I am referring to.

Last edited by WildWes11; 08-04-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: just to make sure
Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 PM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

i like this vid also from fastlane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdc7y...os=-L1w95fgHeU
Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WildWes11
They never said they HAD to reconfigure anything ... you are taking what they are doing to your own personal advantage but to get MORE out of ANY car it always behooves you to alter the internal components of a vehicle.

Before anything "smart" comes out to get more out of forced induction is the more I am referring to.
I am sure there upgrading the internals to avoid a catastrophic failure that they think is soon to come if they up the boost/air flow anymore. Which was kind of my point, to make more power your going to HAVE to open it up and change a few things so it's actually setup for boost.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

I am sure there upgrading the internals to avoid a catastrophic failure that they think is soon to come if they up the boost/air flow anymore. Which was kind of my point, to make more power your going to HAVE to open it up and change a few things so it's actually setup for boost.
I'm not going to fight any more because you have a DSM because I like arguing ...
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

What does me having a DSM have to do with it?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:21 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Because I have one (had for years) but getting off topic just saying that they didn't have to do anything to the engine if they didn't want to was all your post just made it sound like they HAD to do something to do the engine
Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

No, i'm not saying they HAVE to change the things I have been talking about. But I am saying they have to if they want to make it worth all the effort, time and money IMO. Because sorry but to me 150whp more and a shorter engine life for $6,000+ just isn't that good of a deal.

But i'm not saying they can't put forced induction on, i'm just saying there limited to low boost until they rebuild the engine for forced induction. So these people who seemed to have there hopes up of like 650whp or something, sorry people but I don't ever see that happening and it being anywhere close to reliable. Thats all I have been getting at.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 AM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

No, i'm not saying they HAVE to change the things I have been talking about. But I am saying they have to if they want to make it worth all the effort, time and money IMO. Because sorry but to me 150whp more and a shorter engine life for $6,000+ just isn't that good of a deal.

But i'm not saying they can't put forced induction on, i'm just saying there limited to low boost until they rebuild the engine for forced induction. So these people who seemed to have there hopes up of like 650whp or something, sorry people but I don't ever see that happening and it being anywhere close to reliable. Thats all I have been getting at.
preachin to the choir over here

Last edited by failurze_art; 08-06-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:48 AM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

this kit from fastlane is still in its very early stages of development I think but they are already making better numbers than anything I've seen coming from the SC' ed 2011.

Also looks like everyone thats bringing anything to the market is running very low boost and very moderate gains for now. 5-7 psi. Just confirms my suspisions.

I'm thinking Ima keep playing the waiting game for now.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

Superchargers are outdated tech. That comment might make some people go into defense mode, but sorry it's the simple truth there more parasitic than a comparable turbo setup. But then some people still decide to use a carburetor setup on a new built engine even though money's not an issue. So whatever, to each there own.

Last edited by Ripper Alpha; 08-06-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Turbo?