Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 GT Random starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM
skeanes

Default Starter issues

Mine has done that about 8 times now.
I told the dealership about it and they tried to say it was how I am starting my car.

I think it is going to kill the starter if it keeps it up.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Mine did this quite often. When I bought it with 44k on the odometer it happened maybe once in a blue moon, I only had the car 4 months and as I approached 60k it was more frequent, but it also started getting colder outside.

Or sometimees it would start, then die out and refire up on it's own. had it diagnosed with cell video but dealer couldn't find anything wrong, so I said screw it I had warranty on it (Ext premium care) so if it kept up and broke something, ford would be fixing it one way or another.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 AM
milkrun49

[QUOTE=skeanes;8102427]Mine has done that about 8 times now.
I told the dealership about it and they tried to say it was how I am starting my car.

I think it is going to kill the starter if it keeps it up.[/

QUOTE]
Hi buddy, After all the guff I got from the dealer in Florida & New Jersey saying it was me and the way I started the Mustang, not to mention what they found after Ford told them to to look into it I think if you are having the same problem...take it in. Remember your warranty isn't forever. Gary
Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=milkrun49;8102787]
Originally Posted by skeanes
Mine has done that about 8 times now.

I think it is going to kill the starter if it keeps it up.[/

QUOTE]
Hi buddy, After all the guff I got from the dealer in Florida & New Jersey saying it was me and the way I started the Mustang, not to mention what they found after Ford told them to to look into it I think if you are having the same problem...take it in. Remember your warranty isn't forever. Gary
I no longer have to worry about it... it was traded. =O)
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 AM
milkrun49

[QUOTE=Gary Ugarek;8103567]
Originally Posted by milkrun49

I no longer have to worry about it... it was traded. =O)
I was so close to doing that myself until they had to replace the flywheel, starter and something else. I was right all along. Sorry Ford knew there was a problem but never said.. I traded my 2008 Corvette in for my Mustang but sometimes wonder why. I do love my Mustang but what next??
Old 12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
wicked400ex

Originally Posted by ray bouquet
My 2011 GT has a starting problem, sometimes. When I turn the key to start position sometimes it just keeps cranking the engine over but doesn't start. I have to turn the key to off and restart it. Its like it gets stuck in the start position and cranks but doesn't start. and i have to turn the key to off to stop it from cranking or it would just crank and not fire up. Any one ever have this happen?
TSB 12-11-12

FORD: 2011-2013 Mustang

ISSUE:
Some 2011-2013 Mustangs vehicles may exhibit an intermittent drivability condition, crank/no start, a blown fuse 13 in the battery junction box and may have Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0627 stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Remove the rear seat cushion. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-10.
Inspect the fuel pump module wire harness for a chafing. Is chafing found? (Figure 1)

Figure 1 - Article 12-11-12

No - this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
Yes - repair the wiring harness. Refer to the Wiring Diagram (WD), Section 5.
Route the harness so that it will lie in the recess area of the rear seat when the seat cushion is installed. (Figure 2)

Figure 2 - Article 12-11-12

Install the rear seat cushion. Refer to WSM, Section 201-10.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
F2UZ-14526-N 15 Amp Mini-fuse

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
121112A 2011-2013 Mustang: Check DTCs, Inspect And Repair Wire Harness (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.8 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
14a005 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.

Copyright © 2012 Ford Motor Company