Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Difference between the 11' and 12' GT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
lol, the '11 I test drove did the same thing on a WOT 1-2 shift. Massive chirpage was erupting from the rear tires going into 2nd and then the advancetrac light started blinking and the car started wheel hopping. I wish my GT had that kind of power!

and Lava Red is an interesting color... I saw it in person this weekend. It's very black until the sun hits it and there are red metallic flakes all over. Very cool.
Best color Fords come out with for mustangs since imo they ridded themselves of sy,sb,co.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:09 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
lol, the '11 I test drove did the same thing on a WOT 1-2 shift. Massive chirpage was erupting from the rear tires going into 2nd and then the advancetrac light started blinking and the car started wheel hopping. I wish my GT had that kind of power!

and Lava Red is an interesting color... I saw it in person this weekend. It's very black until the sun hits it and there are red metallic flakes all over. Very cool.
Your 3v should be able to break the tires loose just fine on a 1-2 shift, hell my treepoint7 does it just fine. You're not getting much "chirpage" because you have steamroller rear tires.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 AM
FastRedPonyCar

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Seems like you figured it out just fine.
I know what it was doing but I wasn't driving it hard enough that it should have intervened THAT hard. It was powerless for a good 3 seconds. I've done plenty of much harder 1~2 shifts and never had it do that.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

is the home link garage door opener thing only available with the comfort package?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
I know what it was doing but I wasn't driving it hard enough that it should have intervened THAT hard. It was powerless for a good 3 seconds. I've done plenty of much harder 1~2 shifts and never had it do that.
I've had that happen; it happens when you don't get back on the throttle soon enough before letting the clutch out in 2nd. The engine revs drop WAY down real quick and the car lurches forward, and the EEC freaks out because it sees the RPMs dropping too fast. The solution is to not lift as much during the 1-2 shift.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 AM
FastRedPonyCar

yeah when it happened, I was half way through a big left turn and was pretty confident that if I had gotten on it quicker, the back end would have gotten sideways on me. I delayed getting on the throttle again until I was more or less pointed straight and I guess at that point, it was too late.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 AM
rufast?

Another change for 2012 is that the Security Package has gone from $395 to $695 and is called "RR Sensing SYS / Security Pak. It still includes: 1) Active anti-theft system, 2) Wheel Locking kit, but also adds 3) Reverse Park Assist (Backup sensors that beep when you start getting close to another object; the closer you get the more rapid the beeping).
Old 05-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rufast?
Another change for 2012 is that the Security Package has gone from $395 to $695 and is called "RR Sensing SYS / Security Pak. It still includes: 1) Active anti-theft system, 2) Wheel Locking kit, but also adds 3) Reverse Park Assist (Backup sensors that beep when you start getting close to another object; the closer you get the more rapid the beeping).
i had noticed that also. im not going for that option because if i ever wanted to put an aftermarket bumper on i would have to make adjustments to put in the sensors. And as a mechanic, i HATE wheel locks. i take wheels off over 15 cars a week and i hate it when people have wheel locks.

personal preference i guess lol
Old 05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Lava red looks like a dark maroon to me.
Is it?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:53 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
i had noticed that also. im not going for that option because if i ever wanted to put an aftermarket bumper on i would have to make adjustments to put in the sensors. And as a mechanic, i HATE wheel locks. i take wheels off over 15 cars a week and i hate it when people have wheel locks.

personal preference i guess lol
I got the security package, and my dealer was kind enough to leave the locking lug nuts in a baggie in my glove compartment for me. I still have them, but they sure as **** aren't going on my car.

Quick Reply: Difference between the 11' and 12' GT?