Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

C&L CAI and Bama Tune = priceless

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Truckbutt
I guess I'm a douche too. I like my Bama Tunes and I haven't had any problem with service at American Muscle.

I'd be interested to see links to threads that are negative on Bama Tunes.
+1 count me as one and I'd also like to see said negative stuff. There are ocassional hiccups but that's about all I've read.

There was one negative thread I recall and it was a Troll that was trying to stir up business for another company. When he was called out he never provided any proof.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

I myself have had issues. And two others that came into my local service department with engine issues relating to the #8 issue were both running bama 93 octane race tunes. No other mods than the usual cai and exhaust. Plus there were 3 other separate threads over at svtp that talked about the tuning issues that got deleted. You wont find very much online because they are everywhere and those threads get deleted very quick. Pays to be a forum vendor.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Then theres this little gem of a post from jon lund himself talking about american muscle getting their "Value File" tunes from SCT. FYI, those base SCT files are also in question pertaining to the #8 cylinder issue. Those seem to be the root cause, and other tuners selling and using their base files will find that they will be implicated too. Brenspeed is another one that has been documented on SVTP with 2 other cars with #8 issues. The guy at livernois motorsports reconized that his tunes may have issues too, and issued an SVTP recall for his customers. There was a thread on it.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...l#post10742047

I am Jon Lund.... Not quite sure who you are nor do I care but you are woefully misinformed.... SCT has not threatened me with anything nor do I have any "lawers" spell check dude.. Lawyers...

This indeed is why I refuse to post or assoicate with forums because rumors get blown so far out of control.

I stoled nothing. The Cammed file was solely created derived off a GT 5.0 in Ohio and massaged to the point it could be sold. The Ford Racing Individual that created the "Boss Cammed Idle" has not even released it yet. He is good friend of mine and in fact was amazed the cammed idle was even figured out let alone sold.

The reason it was stopped being sold was Ford Racing ask me to not sell it as the Boss 302 was going to be released with there Trac Key and they were going to "Patent" the Technology. Even though the cammed idle is done differently than the Boss Trac Key, I choose to respect there request and get back to normal tuning and stop selling it.

SCT has a copy of the file as they swipped it off customer #3... Yeah I tracked the files... Chris Rose got the "Value File" From SCT and it would not stop stalling because when you copy files that don't show all the items not all items get copied.... Chris Rose called me and ask for help and shared the value file, its my file exactly, even down to the 6th decimal place in a few spots... amazing..... This was done on purpose for the "Toooning Shops" that use Value files instead of there own work. Guess it worked !!!!!!!!!

I have no attorneys nor need one..... But I suggest you find out the truth from the source before you type anymore on a forum.

The main reason no one else has figured out the "cammed" idle is they have not tried hard enough...

I hope all of you can now move on to some other topic and get a life...

Happy Lopey Idle !

Jon L

Last edited by Jiggy_One; 06-29-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jiggy_One
Im going to do the same very soon, but not from american muscle. Those guys are amateurs. No way would I ever give them anymore of my money. I bought a few parts from them in the last few years. All of which I had issues with. And I know that they dont manufacture the parts, but their after the sale customer service was the WORST. Bunch of kids over there. Goodluck with that bama tune. I hope your car holds together. There is no way I would run one of those grenade tunes in my car. When you uploaded it, you pulled the pin.
TROLL
Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I have to say that AM has stepped up very well for me. I too bought a CAI and tuner kit, though not the C&L, but the AiRaid one.

Though there was a hiccup in one of my orders with them, they made sure to make everything right and even overnighted the replacement parts to get me on the road! They fixed whatever was wrong immediately for me and that to me is a good mark for the customer service.

As for their tunes, yes, some of their tunes are aggressive in the spark advance, but if you notice it to be too far advance, just let them know and they will retune and retard it some to make it right for your car.
And most of all, be sure to tell them ALL your mods that affect the drivetrain, especially the engine. If you fail to communicate with them that need-to-know bit of info, of course, you could get a tune that will make your car knock like a *****. And this is true for all tuners, whether or not you choose to go Bama or not. If you do not communicate your mods to the tuner, be it Brenspeed, Steeda, or whoever else you choose, you could wind up with a tune that will ruin your car.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Falcon Fixer
TROLL
Sure bud. I've been trolling here since 2004.....LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Ok douche. There are several other proven and trusted tuners out there, so why gamble on these amateur bama guys. Its your car, remember that everytime you go WOT hoping you will be able to drive back home afterward.
We tune and develop all of our tunes in-house on our Dynojet 224xLC with over 9 company Mustangs and easily 30 employee Mustangs. Our Bama team is SCT certified, Greg Banish Calibrated Success graduates, Dynojet Certified, some are Ford certified. We're SCT's largest volume dealer in the world. We have a 2011 GT running 10's on a baby shot of nitrous and bolt-ons, automatic. I respect everyone's opinion, and obviously we have had a tune or two slip through with an issue, but EVERY company has that. We are SCT's largest volume dealer, so it's only natural that we have a few things pop up here and there by volume. We always take care of them.

I'm sorry whatever happened when you were speaking to our Customer Service team that turned you off from us, and we always stand behind our products and make things right for our customers.

I do have to respectfully disagree about your comments regarding Bama being amateurs or whatever. There's close to 10,000 people that disagree with you. There's plenty of info about us on forums just like this.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Then theres this little gem of a post from jon lund himself talking about american muscle getting their "Value File" tunes from SCT. FYI, those base SCT files are also in question pertaining to the #8 cylinder issue. Those seem to be the root cause, and other tuners selling and using their base files will find that they will be implicated too. Brenspeed is another one that has been documented on SVTP with 2 other cars with #8 issues. The guy at livernois motorsports reconized that his tunes may have issues too, and issued an SVTP recall for his customers. There was a thread on it.
You have everything completely backwards. That was for the ghost cam which has absolutely nothing to do with the cylinder #8 issues. Jon is a good friend of mine and we provided him with a value file that was leaked to us, because I wanted him to see if it was his. He's not calling us a "tooning" shop in that post. For the record, we write all of our own files and don't use SCT value files or value files from outside sources.

As for cylinder #8, I haven't see ONE company that hasn't been linked to cylinder #8 issues yet... ourselves, Ford Racing, Evo, Excessive, the list goes on and on. It's a matter of which ones make it to the forum.

We don't use SCT value files for 2011 vehicles. We've had our own 2011 for like a year and 3 or 4 months that we've been down the track at 10 seconds with nitrous, boss intake manifold, intake, headers, gears, etc. Think there's an SCT value file for that?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:07 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
We tune and develop all of our tunes in-house on our Dynojet 224xLC with over 9 company Mustangs and easily 30 employee Mustangs. Our Bama team is SCT certified, Greg Banish Calibrated Success graduates, Dynojet Certified, some are Ford certified. We're SCT's largest volume dealer in the world. We have a 2011 GT running 10's on a baby shot of nitrous and bolt-ons, automatic. I respect everyone's opinion, and obviously we have had a tune or two slip through with an issue, but EVERY company has that. We are SCT's largest volume dealer, so it's only natural that we have a few things pop up here and there by volume. We always take care of them.

I'm sorry whatever happened when you were speaking to our Customer Service team that turned you off from us, and we always stand behind our products and make things right for our customers.

I do have to respectfully disagree about your comments regarding Bama being amateurs or whatever. There's close to 10,000 people that disagree with you. There's plenty of info about us on forums just like this.
agreed, i'm more than happy with my 93 race tune...and whenever i have, or think i have a problem, i always get a quick response...don't know what happened to Jiggy_one's tune, but things happen it's reality, it's what the company does to make things right and that's most important

keep doing what you do AM, and i'll stay a happy customer
Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

We appreciate it! We're always doing things to improve speed, accuracy, and customer service and satisfaction. We're far from perfect, but we're also far from what Jiggy_one's painting us to be.

At the end of the day, we try and satisfy everyone, him included. He can shoot me a PM any time and I can fix whatever we did to get on his bad side.

Quick Reply: C&L CAI and Bama Tune = priceless