Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Installed....Alum. DS, LCA's, UCA, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Maybe you can help me out then. Suspension isn't exactly my strong suite, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what parts would be best for my goals.

My primary goal for the car is on the street, but I do plan on occasional trips to the drag strip, perhaps even a road course here and there if the mood strikes me. I'd like to eventually be into the low 12s/high 11s at the strip (I understand I'll need tires and such to reach this goal). For this application, would it be worthwhile to invest in any of the adjustable parts (especially since I have NO IDEA how to adjust them lol) or would the fixed control arms be sufficient?

I will probably be lowering the car, so I'll need to get relocation brackets and the adjustable panhard bar at that point in time but I don't plan to install them now unless there is a really good reason to do so.

I like this kit but I have to wonder why you didn't include the upper LCA mount, and don't appear to sell it separately?

Feel free to reply via PM if you feel this is too far off topic from the original thread.

Thanks!
Honestly, the setup that dg98gt went with is a good multi-purpose setup.

Of course, we offer most of the same parts at UPR Products. (also, we offer mustangforums members a 10% discount, our suspension is Made in America, and it has a lifetime guarantee)

For your specified purposes, you don't need adjustable length LCAs. An adjustable length UCA is helpful on a lowered vehicle, but not absolutely necessary. We do offer the upper control arm for '11+ Mustangs WITH the upgraded mount. We offer it without the mount in the kit you mentioned because that three piece control arm kit is basically the minimum amount of parts you can purchase to eliminate wheel hop, which is a fairly universal concern. That said, if you're planning to launch the car hard on sticky tires, or hang some serious corners, then the upper control arm kit WITH the heavy duty mount will keep the control arm located far better than the factory mount will.

Here are our solid LCAs: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

Adjustable upper with mount: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...-mount-11.html

Adjustable panhard bar: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...rd-bar-05.html

Panhard brace: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...-brace-05.html

We don't make the LCA relocation brackets. My car launches pretty well without it, but we do run them on our low ten second 2010 GT so I can appreciate the need/want for them. BMR's latest generation of LCA relo brackets looks really nice! (I think they've had two different designs, but Kelly at BMR can confirm)

Fwiw, you mentioned low 12s/high 11s are a goal for your Mustang and I thought I should mention that the coyote cars are running high 11s with just a CAI, tune, and sticky tires. One of our employees has gone 11.90s with his manual trans coyote using an Airaid CAI, our UPR/SCT tuner, and 275/40-17 Mickey Thompson drag radials.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info! I hope other people find it useful too. Can you send me the info on the 10% discount? I'm hoping to start ordering parts to be installed this winter soon.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
5.ohhhhh

damn thats crazy your car is going to handle insanely...i didn't really read into detail but i just had a quick question? i'm also debating on installing lowering springs, shocks, bump steer kit, panhard bar and lower control arms, or if i should just get the eibach coilovers
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
5.ohhhhh

what im asking is would i just be better off getting coilovers because a few of my friends told me that i should just get coils
Old 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Coilovers don't replace your control arms, just the springs and struts. You would still need to replace the LCAs at a bare minimum if you're looking to reduce wheel hop from what I understand.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:41 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Thanks for the info! I hope other people find it useful too. Can you send me the info on the 10% discount? I'm hoping to start ordering parts to be installed this winter soon.
No problem man. I'm happy to help. It's what I'm here for! I PMed you the discount info.

Originally Posted by 5.ohhhhh
damn thats crazy your car is going to handle insanely...i didn't really read into detail but i just had a quick question? i'm also debating on installing lowering springs, shocks, bump steer kit, panhard bar and lower control arms, or if i should just get the eibach coilovers
Originally Posted by 5.ohhhhh
what im asking is would i just be better off getting coilovers because a few of my friends told me that i should just get coils
The Eibach Coilovers are nice. I'm seriously considering their Multi Pro R2s for my car. However, the biggest advantage of coilovers are their added adjustability. It's not like coilovers make the car faster than standard style struts, shocks, and springs (like Koni yellows and UPR Pro Series springs). But the extra adjustability is useful if you're willing to put in the time tweaking them.

Of course, the dampeners and springs are just part of the total suspension system. Control arms, swaybars, and all of the other parts are also important!