Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Advanced Track Sport Mode

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:38 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Napoleon85
This is also on every Mustang. I want to find whoever started circulating all that crap and kick them in the teeth. It started in 2010 with the "only track pack cars" and continued into the '11 and '12 models with "only brembo cars." It's false all the way around, I've never found a '10+ Mustang that I can't put in sport mode or turn advancetrac off.
Good to know. I've never driven a non-Brembo and heard on here that some modes were only available on Brembo cars.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
so what are the characteristics of our cars in sport mode? Tighter steering and more tire spin? How does the electric steering in sport mode itself compare to the overall sport mode when activated?
Im not sure about that. I do know that the EPAS in the '11 is not adjustable, so it's not likely affected by Sport Mode. The exception is that when Sport Mode is enabled, or Advancetrac Off mode is enabled, a feature called "Active Nibble Control" is disabled. This feature takes the slight wobble out of the steering wheel caused by minor imbalance of the wheels.

In the '12, I'm not sure if the steering Sport Mode and the Advancetrac Sport Mode are independent of each other or not.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

There are a total of four (4) traction-aid modes. 1: All ON (Defalt), 2: Traction Control OFF/Stability Control ON (One tap on the button, brakes applied or not), 3: Sport Mode, Laxed Traction Control AND Stability Control (Double Tap on the button w/ brakes applied), and 4: ALL OFF (Press and hold the button for 5-7 seconds w/ brakes applied). This is on ALL 11-12 Mustangs. When in "Sport Mode", the steering feel will automatically go into "Sport Steering". The system that controls the traction control and stability control is called Advanced Trac. You will see this in the information display. In all modes except for 'All ON' the traction control light will stay constantly ON on the dash.

EDIT: Also, Brembo cars have different 'tuning' of the 'Sport Mode' Advanced Trac and Steering feel. These are the ONLY electronic differences of the Brembo cars. Engine calibration from the factory is identical on all coyotes. Brembo cars DO get different spring rates and shock tuning, and of course, the BEST looking stock wheels EVER and stickier 'summer only' tires. (And they ARE SUMMER ONLY!!! This morning it was 32 degress and w/ Advanced Trac ON....I was all over the place getting on it on 695.)

Last edited by Ditty; 11-19-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:15 AM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

are each of these modes reset and go back to default when the car is turned off?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 AM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheYeti
are each of these modes reset and go back to default when the car is turned off?
Yes. You get full nannies if you shut down and restart. Something that's not in the manual is that "brake applied" works while you're moving. You don't have to stop to engage sport mode.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:18 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ditty
...And they ARE SUMMER ONLY!!! This morning it was 32 degress and w/ Advanced Trac ON....I was all over the place getting on it on 695....
True that. I switched to all seasons for more consistent traction. The Summer-only tires were good for about 2 months of the year.. and only in the afternoon. Cool mornings and Oct-May.. they were way to inconsistent for me. I could never really tell when they were going to hook or when I would be getting sideways. My Michelin's aren't as good in the corners (or at least.. they feel a little more on edge).. but i feel like I know the car a little better now.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 PM
donutsdemise
1st Gear Member

I got hear via a search and you guys have convinced me to get a GT with the Brembo pkg. One question: will 18's fit over the Brembos?

I'm also seeing some GT's with Brembo but no limited slip mentioned on the sticker as option or standard. Do all GT's get the 3.31 (which is not ideal for drag racing as the 3.73 is)?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by donutsdemise
I got hear via a search and you guys have convinced me to get a GT with the Brembo pkg. One question: will 18's fit over the Brembos?

I'm also seeing some GT's with Brembo but no limited slip mentioned on the sticker as option or standard. Do all GT's get the 3.31 (which is not ideal for drag racing as the 3.73 is)?
No, you can only get the 19s with Brembos (and only the Brembo-specific wheels).

The 3.31 is standard, the 3.73 is optional and is not included with with Brembo Package but can be added to it.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:06 AM
donutsdemise
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Napoleon85
No, you can only get the 19s with Brembos (and only the Brembo-specific wheels).

The 3.31 is standard, the 3.73 is optional and is not included with with Brembo Package but can be added to it.
Yes, thanks, but what size rims with all seasons or true snows can I fit over the Brembos?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by donutsdemise
Yes, thanks, but what size rims with all seasons or true snows can I fit over the Brembos?
Varies from wheel to wheel depending on design. There are some 18s that will fit, there are some 19s that wont. It's more about the ID than the OD. I would measure the ID of the Brembo wheels and then use that as a baseline that you can not go under when choosing aftermarket wheels.

Quick Reply: Advanced Track Sport Mode