Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Advanced Track Sport Mode

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Default Advanced Track Sport Mode

I was reading the manual the other day for the 3rd time and I noticed there was a section about control of anti skid and traction control. It mentioned that some models are equipped with Advanced Track Sport Mode. My question is which model has that feature?
Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

Brembo cars for sure, although some have said that all GT's have it, Brembo or not.

Give it a try in yours - foot on brake, etc, and then do a quick double tap on the button and you'll know for sure. You have to be quick with the second tap or it won't work - the first few times I tried mine, I did two deliberate button pushes and it wouldn't engage. Then I did the quickest double tap I could and there it was.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

All '10+ GTs have it. The double-tap doesn't have to be very quick. If you do it to fast it won't go into sport mode, just turn it off and on. If you press the button twice in 1-1.5 seconds it should be good enough.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys! I will try it today.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

FWIW, I always turn the nanny off. When I get a CDT I'm going to have it turned off all together.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Also, if you have a Brembo car, you can press the button for about 6 seconds to turn advancetrac off completely. The feel of the steering also changes in sport mode or everything off mode.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

The steering wheel definitely gets tighter, you won't have to turn the wheel as much for tight turns.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Also, if you have a Brembo car, you can press the button for about 6 seconds to turn advancetrac off completely. The feel of the steering also changes in sport mode or everything off mode.
This is also on every Mustang. I want to find whoever started circulating all that crap and kick them in the teeth. It started in 2010 with the "only track pack cars" and continued into the '11 and '12 models with "only brembo cars." It's false all the way around, I've never found a '10+ Mustang that I can't put in sport mode or turn advancetrac off.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
DPE
2nd Gear Member

All GT Premiums of the 2010+ vintage have the Sport mode. Not sure that the base cars do; pretty certain the 2010 Base GTs do NOT have it. It's the double tap, as has been said. Otherwise, one press gets you traction control off but leaves stability control on, and one press and hold of 6-8 seconds kills everything in ANY 2010+ car. On 2011+ cars you get firmer steering and such too, but not in 2010 given the hydraulic rack.

FWIW, I have not found sport mode to be terribly sporty. The problem is that it also leaves traction control on to an extent, which comes into play far too often on a road course. When on a track with minimal runoff and concrete walls, I run with TCS off and stability on (one tap). On more forgiving tracks, everything goes off. Be nice if sport mode was truly like a competition mode and only chimed in under very extreme situations AND killed traction control, but it'll interfere plenty in normal trail braking (stability control) and exiting a corner with some slip angle etc. (traction control); not ideal. Brembo cars and Boss cars may have their own, perhaps more liberal tuning for Sport mode, but for a 2010 GT Premium it's not as useful as I'd hoped.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

so what are the characteristics of our cars in sport mode? Tighter steering and more tire spin? How does the electric steering in sport mode itself compare to the overall sport mode when activated?

Quick Reply: Advanced Track Sport Mode