Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

C&L Preformance,,,,Steeda,,,,thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I don't know about the others, but after a quick search, I found this thread from AmericanMuscle regarding their tune warranty with the 2011+ GT, specifically covering #8 cylinder popping.

Don
From what I've seen and read it looks like AM has covered 3-4 warranty claims thus far. That's putting your money where your mouth is.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
If you are so confident in your work, why not warranty it against the #8 cylinder damage?
"We have built our reputation on the fact that we don't cause issues to begin with. Our tunes have a very comfortable safety factor in them for that reason, so we don’t have to have customers worrying that they will need to be in some warranty program because we are pushing the limits."
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Brandon for jumping in.

Like Brandon said, We have built our reputation on the fact that we don't cause issues to begin with. Our tunes have a very comfortable safety factor in them for that reason, so we don’t have to have customers worrying that they will need to be in some warranty program because we are pushing the limits.

Steeda Autosports is the largest privately owned Ford performance based operation in the world. Do you think we would have achieved this goal by creating faulty products and causing warranty denials? We would be blasted on every board from the east to the west coast if that was the case... We trust our products and we know we have done extensive testing on them to assure the consumer that our product is not going to cause a failure that will result in a warranty claim/denial.

We have provided tunes/CAI's for 10,000's of customers to date. We have had many of the sames questions and concerns that you have posted, and still they purchase from Steeda in the end-without a warranty or a written piece of paper. We didn't achieve our reputation over night but rather worked for many years to sculpt it by creating quality products. Like any company in any industry we are grateful that we have 10,000s of customers providing positive feedback to other enthusiasts recommending the Steeda brand.

Trust me when I say we understand your concerns when it comes to tuning because your cars are a huge investment. When you purchase from Steeda we want to assure you that we know the limitations of these cars and we will not put you in a position that will exceed these limits, that is the Steeda difference. We have not had to "react" to an issue from out tuning... rather we have been able to stay the course and continue to create great performing tunes.

Please contact Brandon or myself if you would like to purchase a CAI/Tune with a forum discount. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tim

Last edited by tj@steeda; 09-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.