Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New Mustang 5.0 WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Yep! And keep stability control (advance trac...not traction control) on until you get used to her. This car will get you in trouble real quick!!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 PM
gs462
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
The charger is a 4 door land yacht! It's huge and heavy.

I like to drive my wifes chrysler 300 every now and then, just so my car will feel so nimble next time I drive it.
He had a Challenger not much of a difference still to heavy but it was a Challenger.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
Yep! And keep stability control (advance trac...not traction control) on until you get used to her. This car will get you in trouble real quick!!
^^What he said^^
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
Will do! I've gotten a few nice tastes of the power under the hood and it's pretty sweet. Boy that front hood jumps up and then the car slingshots ahead as the afterburners kick in the second time. Goodness!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Just wait until she's broken in. Feels like a different car!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

have fun, and do take care and show the skater punks and spoil kids that have the new camaros how yours supposed to drive a car.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:47 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gs462
He had a Challenger not much of a difference still to heavy but it was a Challenger.
Duh! I don't know how I read charger. They are all the same car though, just different sheet metal.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Love the car!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Kevs_4.6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slammintone

That is my favorite color for the 2013's, but I am biased I suppose. I used to be a GM guy before I woke up and bought my 07 GT and I was sold on the fit and finish of the newer Mustangs and they are only getting better each year.

I also LOVE the fact that $$ for $$ you will get more for your money than just about any other modern car on the road. They respond very well to mods and most can be done in your driveway with basic tools and 6 pack.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Thanks, yes she's me and the wifes favorite car and color for sure. I have noticed some non too professional aftermarket installation of the GT Stripes on the hood and trunk lid. Lotsa bubbles and scratches. This was farmed out at the dealership and I took it in today and also showed them a nice six inch scratch on top of the bumper where it looks like someone was using the bumper as a surface to cut the striping material for the bumper or trunk lid. All will be fixed next week but I may have to give up the ride for a couple of days. Bummer, but....I know I'll be sorry if I don't get this taken care of at the outset. The car is running stronger and sounding much deeper and throatier by the day. Straight from the factory the sound is twice as muscular as my '07 GT was before I upgraded to a Borla catback, and three times as muscular as my R/T was before I gutted it's exhaust for a Magnaflow catback.

Quick Reply: New Mustang 5.0 WOW!