AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Mishimoto Dual High Flow 12in Fans

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Well I got in contact with mishimoto and they are going look into see if this a manufacturer defect with all of these fan kits. This is how it looks

Old 10-21-2009, 05:15 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

We have never received a complaint on the fitment of this product. I do see that there is a fitment issue with the fans sitting two close to the ABS pump. Most people that run these fans have removed the ABS pump. This is a popular weight reduction modification. Seeing that the fan has been wedged in between the radiator and ABS pump, I don’t think you would be able to return it. What I would suggest is to remove the passenger side fan and run the car with just the driver side fan. One fan should keep the car cool enough.
I should have gone with a stock replacement fan
Old 10-22-2009, 10:51 AM
AMNick
Former Sponsor

Hmm, interesting response from Mishimoto. I can see in a racing application removing the ABS system, but for a street car that is not going to fly. While one fan would probably cool your car fine, I don't believe removing one of the fans is an acceptable solution when you are purchasing a dual fan.

I was really hoping they would have a solution for you as we haven't had any other fitment complaints and we have sold a lot of these units...but it obviously isn't fitting in your application.

Like I said in our earlier PM conversation if you didn't get anywhere with Mishimoto we would take care of you. Can you re-PM me your full name and/or order number so I can get the return RMA set up for you.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 10-22-2009, 12:29 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Will do thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 02:50 PM
AMNick
Former Sponsor

Yup, no problem. I received your PM and set up an RMA for you to return the fans. - Nick
Old 10-23-2009, 10:28 AM
txstang347

Default Mishimoto lost a future customer!

Been following this thread because I was thinking about ordering a good amount of Mishimoto products, but had heard bad things about them and still wasn't sure. I had also heard good things after they went three core, but no one had any customer service feedback for me.

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
We have never received a complaint on the fitment of this product. I do see that there is a fitment issue with the fans sitting two close to the ABS pump. Most people that run these fans have removed the ABS pump. This is a popular weight reduction modification. Seeing that the fan has been wedged in between the radiator and ABS pump, I don’t think you would be able to return it. What I would suggest is to remove the passenger side fan and run the car with just the driver side fan. One fan should keep the car cool enough.
This response is just ridiculous! Mishimoto acknowledges a fitment issue with the ABS and their excuse is that "most people" delete the ABS pump?? Where does the product state that in order to use the dual fan setup the ABS MUST be deleted off your street car or "Only for use on racing applications"?!!? And, they have already deemed the product damaged from looking at a few pictures and won't accept a return? And now on to the most ridicuouls statement of all, "One fan should keep the car cool enough." Let me get this straight, a customer is having cooling issues so they upgrade to your dual fan setup and when it doesn't work you tell them don't worry about it just use one of the fans? Is he gonna get 1/2 his money back? I mean, he paid for dual fans...

No matter if most of your customers have not had issues, you should always fix problems that are not the customers fault. The customer did not build the Ford product. The customer did not build the fan setup.

MISHIMOTO customer service FAIL!

Originally Posted by AMNick
Hmm, interesting response from Mishimoto. I can see in a racing application removing the ABS system, but for a street car that is not going to fly. While one fan would probably cool your car fine, I don't believe removing one of the fans is an acceptable solution when you are purchasing a dual fan.

I was really hoping they would have a solution for you as we haven't had any other fitment complaints and we have sold a lot of these units...but it obviously isn't fitting in your application.

Like I said in our earlier PM conversation if you didn't get anywhere with Mishimoto we would take care of you. Can you re-PM me your full name and/or order number so I can get the return RMA set up for you.

Thanks,

Nick

American Muscle FTW! That's how customer service works! Not even their fault, but they are willing to help a customer. Take notes Mishimoto.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
AMNick
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by txstang347
American Muscle FTW! That's how customer service works! Not even their fault, but they are willing to help a customer. Take notes Mishimoto.
I do have to say though, while I don't agree with their response to this particular situation, Mishimoto does have an awesome lifetime warranty on their radiators that I have never heard of anyone having a problem with. I'll probably end up with a Mishimoto radiator in my Fox when I get the new motor in because my stock radiator is not long for this world.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
98BlueGT
2nd Gear Member

+1 txstang347!!