Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Radar Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Radar Detectors

yea its $1,000 and u cant see if u dont know where it is...
its in the dash like next to the speedo but it doesnt look like anythings there but it is.

says it protects from any laser/radar and will pay your tickets for you if you EVER happen to get one for one whole year.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:34 PM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

what is the name of the radar detector?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Krusher
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2001SilverGT

holy **** a $1,000???????

did you get it for the same price Krusher?
no, got mine for $300... hasn't failed me yet when it was on
Old 04-13-2004, 01:30 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Obsolete is talking about the "Phaser." It's a high dollar scrambler. It gurantees for a whole year that you won't get a ticket. Read the fine print, it's within 15% of the speed limit and then they'll ONLY pay your fine. Radar detectors are USELESS NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE if the cop just turns on and off his radar. If he waits on you to get to him and then hits it, you're ****ed. People ride with me all the time and when we pass a cop they're like, "well why didnt' you radar detector go off?" I look at them, very confused in the fact that they actually have a high school diploma. IT DOESN'T DETECT COPS, JUST RADAR!!!!!!! They're only good if the cop is continuously running radar. I love Silver GT's theory, it detects it without the radar actually being on, priceless I tell you.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:38 AM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

LOL, well what I wanna know is when they're coming out with cop detectors. Yea, I tried to explain that above but I guess people didn't really get it. They're not useless but there's no way I'd spend a grand on one. I know 200-300 dollar ones that have that same gauruntee.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:47 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

I know, cop detectors would be great.

Radar detectors can't make that guarentee, typically it's just jammers and scramblers. Almost any radar detector will give you the same results. Go buy a Valentine for $500 so it can tell you where the signal is coming from....ya I see that happening. They're great tools to avoid speed traps, but face the facts guys, if they REALLY wanna get you, they will.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:03 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

They're not all the same 95, and my wife has that stupid voice alert Cobra. WHAT A PILE OF **** that thing is. It goes off non stop, when there isn't a cop around, and when there is a cop, it gives you bull**** time for a warning. I wouldn't pay $5 for that thing. It's garbage. Might as well not have one.

I use the Valentine One in my cars. It's kind of a pain in the ***, but it does track up to 9 different cops, and tells you what direction they're coming from. I didn't think that would be helpful until I actually got the thing. There is no more of the "Where is the little ****er" it's pretty accurate. It even tells you how far away, and if there are any cops approaching from behind. (no pun intended) I've always had Passports, and swore I would never buy anything else, but this thing really does take the cake.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:01 AM
2001SilverGT
1st Gear Member

but it does track up to 9 different cops, and tells you what direction they're coming from
that doesn't only take the cake .. it f**cking takes the whole bakery
Old 04-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

so, you suggest the "Valentine" one?
does it have a SCREEN?
and a MAP?
and does it show you as persay a black blip
and cops as Red and Blue Flashing blips?
and when theyre going to collide with you and exactly where theyre comming from
does it have the scanner thing too?
so u can also tell what theyre going to be doing (road spikes, barricades etc.)
Old 04-15-2004, 01:12 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sidewayz4.6

They're not all the same 95, and my wife has that stupid voice alert Cobra. WHAT A PILE OF **** that thing is. It goes off non stop, when there isn't a cop around, and when there is a cop, it gives you bull**** time for a warning. I wouldn't pay $5 for that thing. It's garbage. Might as well not have one.

I use the Valentine One in my cars. It's kind of a pain in the ***, but it does track up to 9 different cops, and tells you what direction they're coming from. I didn't think that would be helpful until I actually got the thing. There is no more of the "Where is the little ****er" it's pretty accurate. It even tells you how far away, and if there are any cops approaching from behind. (no pun intended) I've always had Passports, and swore I would never buy anything else, but this thing really does take the cake.

If you're speeding bad enough, it doesn't matter what you have. If you have a $9,000 radar detector and the cop waits on you to get to him then shoots it, you're still gonna get caught.

Quick Reply: Radar Detectors