Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Mach 460 6 CD changer Auxiliary inputs

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:24 PM
GT2001

Default Mach 460 6 CD changer Auxiliary inputs

Hi, This is the first tme I have posted here. I just wanted to let those of you who want to add aux inputs to your mach 460 6 cd changer that it is possible. It took me a while to find info about it in the forums so I thought I would make it easier for those interested by posting some info in one place. It is really easy to do. Just purchase the USA Spec Ford-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFFORD1) Item # USS DFFORD1 from Crutchdield or your local Circuit City. The install is real simple just remove the shifter lever and take off the plastic surround. Detach the cigarette lighter via a small clip and set the plastic aside. Then remove the plastic surrounding the vent controls and the stereo. Just tug really hard and it will come out. Disconnect the defrost button, the traction control button and the fog lamp button and set the piece aside. There are 2 screws that hold the stereo in. After unscrewing, pull the stereo out. There are two plugs going into the back of the radio a fat one and a skinny one. In between the plugs there is a port that is unused. Pull out the fatter plug and plug that into the cable that comes with the DFFORD1. There is only one female end that will fit it so its not hard to figure out which plug goes where. Then plug the fat black plug of the DFFORD1 into the fat black port in the stereo and the other smaller black plug of the DFFORD1 goes into the previously unsued port on the stereo. The plugs should clip right in. Run the single cable that goes into the DFFORD1 anywhere you want. I had mine come out the passenger side near the floor. After that reverse the install of the stereo and your done.

If you want better instructions this site was a big help. His setup was a bit different from mine he had three plugs but it is works just the same.

http://www.studio711.com/web/ipod/index.shtml

Circuit City part
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...UseBVCookie=No

Just a quick note, my car is an early 2001 gt with the Mach 460 in dash 6 CD changer from Visteon.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
FordMustang0288

Default RE: Mach 460 6 CD changer Auxiliary inputs

Would this also work with a 2002 v6? I have the Mach 460 with the 6cd changer as well. According to the folks at Crutchfield, there is no possible way to do this. If anyone has information on this, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FordMustang0288

Would this also work with a 2002 v6? I have the Mach 460 with the 6cd changer as well. According to the folks at Crutchfield, there is no possible way to do this. If anyone has information on this, I would greatly appreciate it!
I have a 2002 GT with the same sound system as you, even if Crutchfield says it's not possible, redass posted something a few months ago that said that you can still do it without losing the functionnality of your cd changer.

If you search a little you can easily find the post.

Thank you for the information GT2001. This will help me greatly. Now I just have to find that part here in Canada.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT2001

Hi, This is the first tme I have posted here. I just wanted to let those of you who want to add aux inputs to your mach 460 6 cd changer that it is possible. It took me a while to find info about it in the forums so I thought I would make it easier for those interested by posting some info in one place. It is really easy to do. Just purchase the USA Spec Ford-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input (DFFORD1) Item # USS DFFORD1 from Crutchdield or your local Circuit City. The install is real simple just remove the shifter lever and take off the plastic surround. Detach the cigarette lighter via a small clip and set the plastic aside. Then remove the plastic surrounding the vent controls and the stereo. Just tug really hard and it will come out. Disconnect the defrost button, the traction control button and the fog lamp button and set the piece aside. There are 2 screws that hold the stereo in. After unscrewing, pull the stereo out. There are two plugs going into the back of the radio a fat one and a skinny one. In between the plugs there is a port that is unused. Pull out the fatter plug and plug that into the cable that comes with the DFFORD1. There is only one female end that will fit it so its not hard to figure out which plug goes where. Then plug the fat black plug of the DFFORD1 into the fat black port in the stereo and the other smaller black plug of the DFFORD1 goes into the previously unsued port on the stereo. The plugs should clip right in. Run the single cable that goes into the DFFORD1 anywhere you want. I had mine come out the passenger side near the floor. After that reverse the install of the stereo and your done.

If you want better instructions this site was a big help. His setup was a bit different from mine he had three plugs but it is works just the same.

http://www.studio711.com/web/ipod/index.shtml

Circuit City part
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...UseBVCookie=No

Just a quick note, my car is an early 2001 gt with the Mach 460 in dash 6 CD changer from Visteon.
Hey, I wanted to know if you can still use your 6 CD Changer at the same time? Everywhere I looked, it said that you loose the functionnality of your cd changer when you plug in that adapter.

Since I'm located in Montreal, Canada I don't want to order something if i'm not sure whether it will work or not.

Thank you very much.