Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Subs in trunk... Help please lol,

Old 12-19-2006, 10:14 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Default Subs in trunk... Help please lol,

Well i guess il tell you guys the whole story since everyone in my famiyl and my friends think its a side spliter. It starts off by going to best buy for a 2 sub, 1 am, and 1 sub box set for 329. They wipp out these sexy kenwoods with a sick amp. After about 20 mins, they go, opps its not for kenwood anymore...sorry. So they bring the price down to 310 and gimme 2 sony 12inch subs with a sony amp. Not exactly what i wanted to hear, but hell im not paying for it. So we go to the parking lot, and spend 20 mins trying to even FIT the damn box in the trunk. By this time we know that box wont fit, much less fit when installed. We finally get it in by pushing it like ****. So we go to installation, but of course you need an amp converter for stock head units. That along with other **** brings instalation up to 200, excluding the custom made box we now need. OK, we go to Tweeters because they recomended it. By some magic, the guy automatically knows the year and model of my car just because i said i needed a custom box... and he laughed. We didnt notice the 18 wheeler backing into my car and almost hitting us, but its ok that he missed because he blocks our car in the parking lot for 45 looong mins. The driver disapears and we have no way of getting out. So i call my parents and tell them this story while they laugh there ***'s off, and my dumbass friend is right next to me wetting his pants. its been a loooong night.

SO THE BOTTOM LINE, i have two 12 inch 1300 watt sony Xplod subs, and need to figure out what i should do to get them into my trunk. I saw a nice looking settup where the guy made a wall in the back of his stang, and put the subs in there instead of a box. You know in the trunk, it gets small toward the back where the wheels pop up, thats where the wall cuts off. Is it easy to make my own box (my dad, not me)? Or what do you guys suggest?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Subs in trunk... Help please lol,

i think you can make your own box, use cardboard, make
a mock-up, then make the real thing

Old 12-19-2006, 10:30 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Damn, thats a good idea. My dads really good at building things, so im sure hell have no trouble making this. I was just wondering also if anyone could possibly post pictures of there set ups. 12 inch in that tiny trunk isnt going to be the easiest thing, but id like to make it work if i can. Gah, this just goes to show how big of a noob i am when it comes to modding cars. Whatever, its all part of learning i guess.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:33 PM
africkanV6
5th Gear Member

get a rear seat delete kit and has a premade sub box in it.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:33 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

post some pics when your done, i'm thinking of doing
something similar, thanks
Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 PM
jovez
4th Gear Member

just use the back seat...

Old 12-19-2006, 10:43 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

You should really consider 10" subs, mustangs don't really have enough airspace in the trunk to justify 12", not to mention the pain they are trying to put them in. You should also go back and get different subs, Sony makes decent amps and stereos, but their speakers/subs suck *****.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:44 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Damn, id really really really like to keep the back seat. Lol, i use this car every day, and am always driving my friends around (ungratfull bastards lol). I was looking around, and i think this is what im going to attempt:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8...ch10002zr7.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2...h5f1000fu3.jpg

*for some reason i cant copy and paste into the posts, or attach pictures. So the only way to link the pics was this way*

Id still like all the ideas i could to keep the most space in my trunk...yet keep the back seat lol. Edit: Ya if i cant figure out what i want to do in a few days, then im just gunna take em back and **** trying to save money by getting a package. I wish i had gotten those kenwoods. But for now, this is what i have so im trying to work off of this. But if this turns out to be a bigger pain in the *** then its worth then im deff returning it.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:47 PM
jovez
4th Gear Member

if thats the case, find someone with a Mach stereo that wants somethin better and get their amp rack and enclosures.. Looks like a really nice setup, just change the amps/subs.

Also, if you do put it in the trunk, u might want to invest in some Dynamat for the deck lid, else it'll rattle like crazy.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Could you gimme a link to whatever it is your talking about because i have no clue what that is. And the search for the rack is on! But il never turn down a couple of pics of other ppls set up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Subs in trunk... Help please lol,