Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Coolest Idea for Indash Stereo setup.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Default Coolest Idea for Indash Stereo setup.

Alright, I'm not sure how feasible it is but here is my plan.

I want to replace my mach 460 headunit with a Pioneer AVIC-N1 mounted in the lower area of the radio slot.

Then with the extra space in the top of the slot:
Bel RX75 in-dash radar detector
Blue back-lit switches for nitrous system
1.) Nitrous Arm
2.) Bottle Warmer
Blue backlit buttons.
1.) Remote bottle opener
2.) Purge

Install a gray pull down piece of plastic (matching the AVIC-N1) that covers the upper portion of slot (hiding switches/radar detector)

I want an unmarked shifter-mounted button to actually inject the nitrous (when the system is armed).

The idea is for the nitrous and radar stuff to be hidden either with the plastic down or the flip up screen of the stereo in the event that I do get pulled over. (especially if I'm traveling through certain states where I couldn't use it anyway).

As far as the actual laser detection modules go. The front ones look like they will blend in pretty well in the grill delete. The rear one, however, would be easily recognized by any officer that knows what a liscense place mounted laser detector looks like. I'm looking for ideas if anyone knows how I could possibly mount it in the third brake light or something.

Now on to gauges.
I have the autometer lunar gauge cluster and autometer gauges (boost and fuel Pressure) mounted on my A-Pillar.
I'm thinking of adding the trim piece (by autometer) that allows two additional gauges to be installed just the lower right and left corners of the main gauge cluster. (I'm trying to keep the top of my dash clutter free). My idea is to put a lunar air/fuel ratio gauge but I'm not sure about the other slot. I would like nitrous pressure but I feel that would defeat the whole point of hiding the buttons. Options are Pyrometer and transmission temp... does anyone have any input as to which would be more useful? Or is there a way I can install a nitrous pressure gauge and somehow install a plastic cover or something to hide it when neccessary?

Finally I'd like to add a simple silver bush button start. Any tips on that would be appreciated.
Any input would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Fallstar