Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:17 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang

Ok let me rephrase that. I'm going to use the box dimensions I have now as a base, then take a few inches off the top height and add a few inches to the back height of the box, that way I have the room needed to mount my two amps directly to the box. I need it this way so when I go to the track, I can remove the box with both amps all at once. Also I will shorten the box, since it barely fit in my trunk after removing everything. Me and my boss ended up cracking the corner of the box when we forced it in, took like an hour of wiggling to get it in.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:54 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

you want to be able to easily remove the box/amps too? sure, why not..... At almost 15 yrs I do not know anyone else that has done this except me, and it was the most difficult part of my install. For the amp rack I had to make/solder 2 - 9pin hrns's(2 - 4 channel amps as well as the remote), as well as solder the rca's(6 cables, 2 wires each), and make an easy hookup for the +'s and -'s that will keep things safe and secure but easy to get to. Doing all that made my kick panels seem easy in comparison. All connections had to be properly soldered to ensure a good connection since this is the signal that you are dealing with, it has to be perfect. If I had a customer come up and want this done for his car I do not even know what I would charge after going through what I had to....

With the amps on top of the box it will make it difficult to hook/unhook. I think you need to evaluate what you want, as well as what you can get as they are not the same thing. In every system you build you will have to balance these by knowing your limitations.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:56 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

ttocs why would it be hard to remove. All I would have to do was remove the 4 ch amp rca's, and the 2 ch amps rca's. Then take the power wire off my capacitor, and the ground wires, then unscrew the speaker wires off the 4 ch amp. Total 10 mins to remove the box with the amps attached to it. I've done it before with my last car. Their is no reason to solder anywires, so not sure what the hell you did to your ride.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

do yourself a favor.... dont get the cvrs. i did and now im spending more money to get something better
get cvxs.. they sound alot better, handle more power and dont cost alot more.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Ok, I am done here too, just can't fix stupid.

because I can disconnect/reconnect my stuff in 2 mins, and do not have to worry about getting polarity correct or working it tight places that can cause shorting/grounding problems but again, I do not even know why I bothered replying as you will never have the box you want. Yes thats right, I said it, you will never be able to build the box that you want in this decade nor design the system you want with out paying somebody else a bunch of money to do it for you. You work at CC right so at least you will get a discount but I recommend that you find a good pro to install your equipment for you.

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

ttocs why would it be hard to remove. All I would have to do was remove the 4 ch amp rca's, and the 2 ch amps rca's. Then take the power wire off my capacitor, and the ground wires, then unscrew the speaker wires off the 4 ch amp. Total 10 mins to remove the box with the amps attached to it. I've done it before with my last car. Their is no reason to solder anywires, so not sure what the hell you did to your ride.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 AM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

wow... just wow, not even gonna try this one. Its just one mell of a hess
Old 04-03-2008, 01:00 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

this folks is our current leader for stupedest post on the forum(SPOF). 95 replies and almost 1100 hits spanning nearly 4 months and I only now was able to tell this person that he didn't have the required basic algabra skills, nor box building ability to do what he set out to do. I am sorry, I let this one go astray.......

Now don't get too excited as the 2nd battery post while it has the stupidity factor, lacks the time and lack of attention that we have here but that will only take time to fix.

ttocshiss
Old 04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Ok well today I measured and made a cardboard template for my amp rack...The dimensions are 46 1/2" length at bottom, top is 40" length. I have to cut angles in both top corners...going up 6", then cut a angle on both sides 7 1/4" long...not sure of the angle but I cut it out on cardboard. This will be just for my amp rack...goes in between the plastic pieces near my rear seats. Covers from top to bottom. Then tomorrow I will figure out with the amp on the back of the amp rack how much room I have for my dual sub box..kinda have a idea on its dimensions..Then I am gonna make a cover board in front of the subs to protect them from my work tools. So finally have one thing measured right..now just got 2 more left.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:51 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

good to see you started. When you get an idea of the box dimensions please post them up here and we will do a quick check to see if it is in spec