Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Mach 460 /w Aftermarket Headunit

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:03 AM
JayCe

Default Mach 460 /w Aftermarket Headunit

Need alittle help here guys.. thought maybe this was the best place to ask for it. Anyways, I have an '04 Mustang with the Mach 460 system. A few months ago I decided to add a 12 inch Eclipse Titanium subwoofer and 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate amp to my system, as well as an Pioneer headunit, not sure of the model though. Well, it turns out that this was supposed to be 'impossible', something to do with factory amps not working, whatever. Then I heard about this guy at Best Buy that was good with installing headunits and whatnot so I took my car to him and he had a harness that by passed my factory amps and let my headunit have power and work with my 4 other factory tweeters and one 12 inch sub in the back. So that was fine with me that I didn't have 4 other speakers working in my car at the time but then about a week ago I started to wonder if there any way I could also get the 4 factory subs to work with my system? I came across a few things but still unsure about everything.

I ordered a Metra 70-5519 Harness about 3 days ago for my system because I've done a few searches and seen this was the harness of choice from a few people. And also, I've came across this little guide, http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Article...ad-Unit-2.html
that supposedly lets me use all speakers with my aftermarket headunit. The only thing im wondering about is if the harness works with '04's like it does with '01's like it says in the guide. I got the Metra harness in today and the black plug fits perfect but I have no idea where to plug the white one in at. It doesn't fit any of the plugs I pull out. The guide just says to wire the amp turn ons with the ignition turn on and then plug the RCA jacks into my headunit.. so do I really need to plug it anywhere? Or did Ford just change the Mach 460 wiring after the '01's?

Any help appreciated guys!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:15 PM
JayCe

Default RE: Mach 460 /w Aftermarket Headunit

Alright nevermind, figured it out. The '03's and newer need a newer Metra harness, #70-5521, to use an aftermarket HU with the Mach 460 system.