Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

All Mach 460 and 1000 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:57 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Default All Mach 460 and 1000 Owners

Nevermind for the original question....

New question.

I'm installing a Mach 1000 to my existing 460 and here is the problem. When I splice in the amp input to my rear passenger amp rack (plug #2, top pin) the whole radio cuts out. If I unplug amps 3 and 4 from the amp rack the 460 starts back up, but still nothing in the rear. With the car on if I plug ams 3 & 4 back in the front 460 keeps running but still nothing in the rear. Now if I turn the car off and turn it back on, the whole thing doesn't work. The stereo is on, lights and all still work, just nothing coming in any of the speakers. If I unplug amp 3 the highs come in, unplug amp 4 the lows come in. Plug both back in with power on and whole system keeps running (minus the 1000) till I turn off the ignition.

Any ideas at all.

What I know:

* I have power to the amp rack and all the amps.

* The subs both work because at times you'll get a little back feed when plugging/unplugging wires.

* The stock Mach 460 works without problems. Till I plug in the Mach 1000 inputs from my adapter harness.

Last edited by jthorn9; 03-26-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:38 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Update...bumping up
Old 03-30-2011, 04:11 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I have 15+ yrs of stereo installation exp and know as much about the mach system as anyone I have ever met in my field but have no idea what to tell you here. The only experience I have had with stock systems was with some minor tweeking of the mach, or gutting it. Most people just have the experience of gutting it.

I suspect that your splicing has something wrong and for one reason or another the stereo is shutting down to protect itself. pics of all the connections might help...
Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Ok I got it figured out, but wow it was a pain and it's still not 100%

So far I redid everything and canned those instructions I found out they were for 2002+ units with a built in cross over inside the 460 radio that pre 02s lack.

So I bought an S&I unit (crossover and signal converter) and spliced it into the left/right + - audio wires that run at the top of the panel just behind the drivers seat. I then pluged an RCA cable into the S&I unit, stripped off the other end, and ran the left/right audio unit into the blue/red and green/black pre amp wires. I then ran a wire to the drivers side kick panel and spliced into a solid light green wire for the amp turn on.

Now this has got the system working....almost....so far only the back left sub turns on. The right does not.

There are 4 wires that splice into the left/right rear audio and when one set is spliced that sub works, when all 4 are spliced neither sub works. There is still sound in the cabin but no subs. Doesn't matter if I unhook the right side amps (thinking they were shorted) or not. Whole sub system kills out until I go back to just two wires. From what I know that means I have a dead short but I'll be damned as to if I know where.

Second problem is after I turn off the car the stereo continues to play for 2-3 seconds before turning off, it doesn't do this when I unplug the amp turn on signal wire, as it turns off when the key is off. Now after the sound cuts out the rear left sub continues to have a white noise for approx 2-3 seconds before it fades out too.

Any ideas on any of this?

Once I get this working I'm gonna post up a write up on how to perform a Mach 460 - Mach 1000 conversion. I will say this much, even though it's wired mono, those subs hit pretty damn hard, I had to turn down the bass big time. No they're not as good as my elemental designs in my 5.0, but my god for factory they are amazing.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:37 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Got it!!!