Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sirius radio question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:39 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Default Sirius radio question.

I just bought a new 2014 Mustang GT yesterday. It's the base model with the only option being the automatic tranny. On the window sticker the description says its a "AM/FM CD/MP3 SAT CAPABL W/AUD INPUT JACK"

I don't have a satellite antenna on the trunk, just the mast on the rear fender. When I press the Sirius button on the radio, the display says "no satellite radio"

My question is this, is there a way to make this radio get Sirius radio and if not, why would they put a Satellite capable radio in the car if you can't activate it?

I have a Sirius/xm radio subscription from the car I traded in and need to know if I need to cancel it. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 PM
gwdrum75

Your stereo is "Satellite Ready", but still needs the tuner. My 2013 GT is the same way.

Option 1:
You could get the Sirius SCC1 with iSimple connector. It will hook into your factory system and let you keep all SYNC functionality (if you have it). Drawback - It will only let you have 6 presets and the text it displays is really abbreviated and doesn't display everything you would want to see.

Option 2:
You could get an external tuner and connect it through the Aux jack or get an FM transmitter.
Drawback - extra wires and something else to install in the car.

Option 3:
Get a SiriusXM internet subscription and stream it through your phone via bluetooth or through the USB input. You'll also get more stations this way.
Drawback - Could lose service in bad cell areas.

I recently ditched option 1 for option 3. I generally have my phone connected to the USB anyway, so I get full text on my display and, in my opinion, it's the best sound quality of the three options.

Hope this helps.

Greg
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by 70monte
I just bought a new 2014 Mustang GT yesterday. It's the base model with the only option being the automatic tranny. On the window sticker the description says its a "AM/FM CD/MP3 SAT CAPABL W/AUD INPUT JACK"

I don't have a satellite antenna on the trunk, just the mast on the rear fender. When I press the Sirius button on the radio, the display says "no satellite radio"

My question is this, is there a way to make this radio get Sirius radio and if not, why would they put a Satellite capable radio in the car if you can't activate it?

I have a Sirius/xm radio subscription from the car I traded in and need to know if I need to cancel it. Thanks.

Wayne
Yes, you can cancel your subscription unless you prepaid 3-6 or 12 months. Not sure how they handle that. Or if you get your new Sirius Receiver in place within the next week you can transfer service to your device. This will automatically deactivate the other device as long as you tell them you want to TRANSFER SERVICE not add a new receiver.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:31 AM
70monte
1st Gear Member

I called to cancel my subscription and they said if I didn't cancel, they would send me an XM receiver kit for free. I said sure and I will see what they send and if it's going to be a hassle to install. If so, I will just call and cancel again. Thanks for the replies.

Wayne
Old 05-22-2017, 12:12 PM
3aces

Default How to get rod of previous owners Sirius presets in my 2014 mustang

I transferred my Sirius from my 2007 mustang to my 2014 mustang. The presets from previous owner are still there. How do I get rid of them? Does he have to cancel his subscription for the presets to be deleted?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3aces
I transferred my Sirius from my 2007 mustang to my 2014 mustang. The presets from previous owner are still there. How do I get rid of them? Does he have to cancel his subscription for the presets to be deleted?

Thanks
You merely tune the station you want and press the preset button for 2 or 3 seconds until it beeps. Easy, peezy.