Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2005 GT stereo problem

Old 06-09-2016, 02:30 PM
cet15b

Exclamation 2005 GT stereo problem

I have spent allot of time searching for someone who had my problem, but came up dry. I have a stock Shaker 500, I bought the car with 80k miles, and it now has 90k. I have had the same problem since I bought it. (just a heads up, I know pretty much nothing about speakers). The speaker will work about half the time, if I crank it up, sometimes it will cut out, if I hit a bump, it will sometimes cut out, if I turn left, sometimes it will cut out. This is the only time it really cuts out, when loud, when I hit a bump, or when I turn left. It begins to work again When I stop turning left, when I hit another bump, if the song changes, if their is a loud drop in the base, or just randomly when driving down the road. Like I said, I don't know much about sound systems, but I'm pretty sure the radio should not be connected to the wheel! Also, this is only a problem with aux, on am/fm it works perfectly. My suspicion is that the cord is cut and in contact with the wheel in some way. I asked a guy at a audio store and he thougt it was a cut wire, or the output was fked up. Any info could help, I know the simple answer is to get a sound system that doesn't suck, but I would prefer to save the money and use the stock system; When working properly the quality is fine.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:24 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I would have to agree, cut wire or bad connection.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:29 PM
cet15b

fixed, or at least I know what the problem is. 05-06 didn't get a aux input, only way to get one is to spend $100 (around 50-100+ if you get it installed y someone else) on a converter kit. I removed my console to find what type the previous owner bought and found why it keeps disconnecting. the white wire (connects to the left speakers) is pretty loose and applying pressure to it disconnects the speaker (red wire is fine).it was shoved up against a wall, so this explains why turning left caused the speaker to disconnect, it was hitting the wall and disconnecting, than it reconnected when I hit a bump, base shook the car, etc because the pressure was removed. Im thankful the previous owner spent the money to get the converter, just wish he didn't get a ****ty broken one . My solution is to just tape the box in place lol, should work, if you have any better ideas on how to fix it would be happy to hear them (such as wrap the white wire in electrical tape).... now that I think about it that might work well