California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

Cops in Cali

Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
pyrosaxplayer
1st Gear Member

Default Cops in Cali

wow. this sucks :/ last night i got a Fix it ticket for my window tint. arghhh. what i dont get is tint shops are in cali, but yet its illeagal??? go figure. anybody no any cops willing to sign me off? hehe i honestly dont wanna waste my parents 280 bucks that went into the tint
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Front windows are illegal here, and shops will do it if asked (you also usually have to sign a waiver) The rears can be done with no restrictions.

Just removed it and call it a day. If you get caught with it on again after having it signed off your car could get impounded. A buddy of mine up here had his truck impounded for exactly the same thing.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

They pulled you over for tint? Over here in the midwest they usually wont pull over for JUST those things unless they're having a bad day or something lol. But seriously, they'll get you for something else (speeding, turn sigs, etc.) and then let you know about the other stuff (HID's, tint, exhaust, etc.)
They dont allow ANY tint in cali?!
Guess Im not moving there after grad school (sigh) =(
Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
They pulled you over for tint? Over here in the midwest they usually wont pull over for JUST those things unless they're having a bad day or something lol. But seriously, they'll get you for something else (speeding, turn sigs, etc.) and then let you know about the other stuff (HID's, tint, exhaust, etc.)
They dont allow ANY tint in cali?!
Guess Im not moving there after grad school (sigh) =(
You cannot tint the front windows (windshield below a certain point on the window, or the 2 front (Driver and passenger) windows. The rear windows you can tint as much as you want.

Depending on where you are in CA. you may get busted, you may not. Smaller towns where cops don't have much to do you are much more likely to get busted for it than someplace like L.A., San Francisco, Sacramento, etc...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
pyrosaxplayer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kast1376
You cannot tint the front windows (windshield below a certain point on the window, or the 2 front (Driver and passenger) windows. The rear windows you can tint as much as you want.

Depending on where you are in CA. you may get busted, you may not. Smaller towns where cops don't have much to do you are much more likely to get busted for it than someplace like L.A., San Francisco, Sacramento, etc...
yes tis true lol i was in this small hick town (hope this makes no offense) and the cop saw a teen in a mustang and followed me. i had my windows up not even two inches. he pulled up side of me and i rolled it down. thats when he rode my a$$ and switched on the lightslol it was in Norco if you know where that is
Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 PM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

I have my front windows at 35% (driver/passenger), and that's about as dark as you can go without asking for problems.
Speaking to a local police officer, he said they don't mind people getting dark tint because it gives them a legal excuse to pull over anyone with dark tint any time they want -- and if they get attitude, they use the tint ticket as an "attitude adjuster".
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
pyrosaxplayer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue09
I have my front windows at 35% (driver/passenger), and that's about as dark as you can go without asking for problems.
Speaking to a local police officer, he said they don't mind people getting dark tint because it gives them a legal excuse to pull over anyone with dark tint any time they want -- and if they get attitude, they use the tint ticket as an "attitude adjuster".
well this cop must have not been laid last night before he worked lol i was polite. i even asked how his evening was. struck a conversation about how life is. and still wrote me a ticket :/
Old 01-25-2011, 12:44 AM
'00gt

Red face

Originally Posted by pyrosaxplayer
yes tis true lol i was in this small hick town (hope this makes no offense) and the cop saw a teen in a mustang and followed me. i had my windows up not even two inches. he pulled up side of me and i rolled it down. thats when he rode my a$$ and switched on the lightslol it was in Norco if you know where that is
hahaha. Norco a hick town? hick city maybe....just teasing
the darkest i would go is 20% on the fronts, but about the only time i have my windows up is when it is raining or 110* out. i have gotten comments about it being dark, but he only saw the back, so he could but it doesnt matter.

Moral of the story is cops are cracking down because the state is beyond broke

sorry for my thinking out loud
Old 01-25-2011, 12:50 AM
pyrosaxplayer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by '00gt
hahaha. Norco a hick town? hick city maybe....just teasing
the darkest i would go is 20% on the fronts, but about the only time i have my windows up is when it is raining or 110* out. i have gotten comments about it being dark, but he only saw the back, so he could but it doesnt matter.

Moral of the story is cops are cracking down because the state is beyond broke

sorry for my thinking out loud
yea but in norco it seems like the place where everybody knows everybody lol :P and yea thats what i would do but i juss didnt have it alllll the way down this time. and i dont mind your thinking outloudness lol the broke statement is so true :P hurray california, the Most In Debt state
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pyrosaxplayer
yea but in norco it seems like the place where everybody knows everybody lol :P and yea thats what i would do but i juss didnt have it alllll the way down this time. and i dont mind your thinking outloudness lol the broke statement is so true :P hurray california, the Most In Debt state
Yeah I had to stop for gas in a town like that once. I got out and everyone at the station was giving me this ICE stare, and the worst part was that I had to go inside to pay because the pumps were ancient hill-billy technology(lol) and got glares from people inside too. I wasn't mad, but got kinda worried when a cop pulled up next to my car while I was walking back and even HE gave me the ice stare...Probably while running my plates through the database.

I left as soon as I was done and now never take that exit for gas on my trips home.

Im not saying all cops are terrible, quite CONTRARY! They are usually some of the smartest, and most level headed nice people you'll meet. BUT, the power abuse/rush is there sometimes... Unfortunately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cops in Cali