California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

I f*cking hate California

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:27 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I was thinking that was high also, my 21 over was $350ish, were you in a double fine zone, AKA any area with construction signage regardless of whether there were any road workers? (yeah I hate that stupid law, but it's not just California there, Oregon is probably worse on the construction zone double fine areas).
Old 09-28-2011, 01:01 AM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

na i was on the highway , no construction , but i think it migth be so expensive because it also involves my exhaust ticket m which is a fix it ticket , no wi have to find a stock exhaust , bolt it on and go to a police station so they can write it off , its some bull****
Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 AM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

good gosh. all of these scenarios yall are talking about are total crap. i would be sooo pissed
Old 09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
TylerT
1st Gear Member

Smog and CARB laws are a huge pain in the @$$ in California. I'mgoing through the same thing you are, I have a JLT intake without a CARB sticker and I have a Saleen supercharger sitting here because I don't know if I can put it on and pass smog. Grr
Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TylerT
Smog and CARB laws are a huge pain in the @$$ in California. I'mgoing through the same thing you are, I have a JLT intake without a CARB sticker and I have a Saleen supercharger sitting here because I don't know if I can put it on and pass smog. Grr
You mat have an issue with the JLT intake, but if the supercharger is a series VI, there is a carb eo for it and a listing of the acceptable pulley sizes.

see EO #'s D-473-13, D-473-15 for the saleen... print out the eo and take it with you for smog in case they give you a hassle, otherwise you could call up saleen speedlab and ask about getting a replacement CARB sticker.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:48 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

Freaking communist california! Can't you register the car in another state? Is that illegal? @@
Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MythEyeLess
Freaking communist california! Can't you register the car in another state? Is that illegal? @@
USMC mustang does have his car registered in another state, and the LEO's of Californiastan still wrote him a fix-it ticket for his exhaust.About the only defense is knowing the fine points of the law, If he asked the officer to take a decibel reading at 5' from the exhaust while the car was idling, the officer probably would have told him he didn't have a meter, but if he wrote on the ticket that the officer didn't have a meter and that he believed he wasn't in violation of 95 decibels at 5', then the people signing off may be more inclined to verify the measured sound level rather than just require him to have the stock exhaust on. And he could probably fight it in traffic court or at least get the prosecutor to drop the sound charge... if he had written his issue on the ticket.

Yup, californiastan sucks.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Stang562
4th Gear Member

its not that hard looking for a place to pass it
Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang562
its not that hard looking for a place to pass it
^ that's pretty much it. Most of the mods will pass tailpipe emissions, you just have to find someone who will overlook some of the visual portion.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aerbourne
good gosh. all of these scenarios yall are talking about are total crap. i would be sooo pissed
agreed...I'd put it in anyway, sc and all...f*'em...My state is crap as well...I can't mine 09gt to pass inspection...with a CAI + tune...yes, nothing else but a cai and tune...As far as I see it...one less sticker on the windshield...been that way for almost 2 years...f*'em and their games...I have seen 1984 corolas half on fire, tailpipe smoking like a turbo diesel and current inspection sticker...games and $$ is what it's all about...and f my teachers...they said it was all about the hokey pokey

Quick Reply: I f*cking hate California