Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

My opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I'm done with you. You read the small post. I'm not even talking about the welcomes in the new area. I'm talking about communicating here. talking, BSing, making jokes. That's how you get to know people. Get a feel for their personality. Then you know what happens...you end up emailing, talking on the phone and stopping by someones house if you happen to be in the area. small communication like that is how real communication starts. You are also incapable of reading between the lines and applying what I say to your understanding. By "Men" I mean "Friends"...are you really that lame you can't take military jargon and apply it to what makes sense in your world.

You say no one is in charge, but then you say you are the frick'n president and try to keep things together. make the group flourish, I believe you said.

I don't need you to me my father you....I EDITED because it was unprofessional.

I didn't say BS everyday, but you never come in here except to complain.

I will no longer be on this forum after today. You have no idea what it means to be one of the guys.

You guys have my number.

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 01-26-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

Hunter, reading that on this small phone took forever!!! Hope you make it to Dana's, we can all chat about it there, maybe over some beers.

I haven't read any of the rules however, is electing a VP your job? You kept referring that you haven't found one yet, thought he was elected? Again we'll chat about it later.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

As long as there aren't any stiff drinks.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

Lol!! Lasting more than 5 hours.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

OK!!! If you guys insist on making long post's you will have to start inserting pictures for me to look at. I know some of you are upset right now and I understand why, But I can't just stand by and watch this amazing thing WE have fragment. I have never asked anyone for anything except to share their love of Mustangs and their friendship. Please let me ask one favor and then I'll be quiet. Please...Everyone backoff for a few days and take all we have learned and make it work for us, we always have in the past. I don't want to loose any of you in a slug fest, Life is too short for this. Other chapters post in our forum and tell us what a great thing we have here in the Carolinas. It's ok if a brother slaps a brother from time to time. It don't mean they hate each other...It just means they see things different. I love what we have done together and I'm not ashamed to say I love and care about my Carolina Regional Family.

NOTE: I was going to spell check and add a picture, but I have to go to that dumbass Dana's house

Thank's guys
Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
OK!!! If you guys insist on making long post's you will have to start inserting pictures for me to look at. I know some of you are upset right now and I understand why, But I can't just stand by and watch this amazing thing WE have fragment. I have never asked anyone for anything except to share their love of Mustangs and their friendship. Please let me ask one favor and then I'll be quiet. Please...Everyone backoff for a few days and take all we have learned and make it work for us, we always have in the past. I don't want to loose any of you in a slug fest, Life is too short for this. Other chapters post in our forum and tell us what a great thing we have here in the Carolinas. It's ok if a brother slaps a brother from time to time. It don't mean they hate each other...It just means they see things different. I love what we have done together and I'm not ashamed to say I love and care about my Carolina Regional Family.

NOTE: I was going to spell check and add a picture, but I have to go to that dumbass Dana's house

Thank's guys
Well said Silver Fox (not the dumbass Dana part). See you guys in a bit.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

Thanks Steve, that was needed.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Hunter, reading that on this small phone took forever!!! Hope you make it to Dana's, we can all chat about it there, maybe over some beers.

I haven't read any of the rules however, is electing a VP your job? You kept referring that you haven't found one yet, thought he was elected? Again we'll chat about it later.
Sorry about that. Think about how long it took to type out! I did it because I care about this group and I feel like I deserve to explain my side of it.

On the second part, no, it is not my job. Honestly, I'd never read those rules, because the entire concept of those rules, from what I can tell, is to provide a way to rejuvenate a chapter that is struggling because of its leadership. If we're electing new leadership every 6 months (which I think is absurd) then it should be a vote, but my entire point was that all of the administrative stuff that is going on right now, with the current size of our group, I can handle fairly easily. I viewed the leadership roles as long term positions, not 6 month ones, so I was holding out until we need a VP. Great people join this group every week, and I thought it may be rash to put someone in a position and then there won't be any opportunity for a guy who is completely dedicated to this crew that comes along...in say a month and sticks around.

If we want to vote on a VP, please just let me know and I'll start up the process. I am not against it, at all. I just didn't think it was necessary at this time and therefore haven't pulled the trigger. Like you said, under the guidelines that isn't my call. We have a multitude of members who are capable of assuming that roll, many of which have already posted in this thread.

Thank's guys
Steve, I completely agree, and I appreciate the post and the comedy. I don't hate a single person here. Saying that we "don't get along" was rash on my part. I just meant that we have differing personalities that will inevitably create rifts from time to time (in reference to JJ). I love the guy and his family, they're all great people, as everyone in this crew is. That isn't the issue.

We do have a great thing here, and that is why I don't understand the animosity towards me. I'll be more attentive to the administrative stuff as well as try to post more often, that's fine. But I appreciate receiving the comments in a direct manner, rather than out on the open forum, as they are directed at me. It's not keeping it a secret, it's just a personal thing. I need to know what is being used. If you would use the event calendar, then let me know and I'll keep it updated. I just wasn't sensing that it was being used so I stopped updating. It wasn't a time thing. I could just use a little feedback and I think all the issues would go away. I don't see that this group is broken in any way, as this thread would make it appear.

I'll definitely be there today, I wouldn't miss it. I'm feeling pretty horrible so I'm going to take a few meds and let them kick in before I head over so I may be a few minutes late but I hope not. I'm going to hustle.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 AM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

Im not sure what led to all this....but I do like that we can openly talk about things that bother us.

What bothers me is that the LA Lakers have been losing so much, That the gun control laws are taking over this country soon, and that it has been too cold outside to drive my car!

What I like about this site is that I have personally met a bunch of you guys and that when you say your gonna do something you follow through. We do not get a lot of bashing in here (which is why I have left numerous forums in the past) so I will stick around.

I Love you guys, and agree that we do not necessarily NEED a Pres or VP...but I woudl say that we need someone to run a sort of "Local Events" page/calendar so we can all keep track. Problem is mostly the "local" events are west of Raleigh or near Charlotte which is too far from me here in Eastern NC.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon at a meet, just not sure which one! TRACK DAY hopefully! LOL
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM
NCWildHorse
2nd Gear Member

Default From one of the "troops"

I have read this thread with a great deal of concern and confusion. Tensions between friends is inevitable. But this seems more like Armegeddon or something. I agree that everyone sould take a few days to beathe. One of the BIGGEST reasons I like being a part of this group is because it does seem to run smoothly. Everyone is nice and sincere. I have been around other groups that have "elected" officers and they run things their way and if you aren't in the little clique you didn' matter. This group IS different. Y'all make everyone that tags along feel like we have been friends for years.

There is an od saying, "I it ain't broke, don't fix it." Maybe as an outsider I am not aware of what is driving this situation and I apologise if I a speaking out of turn. I am here to help if I can. This group is too importat and too good a group of people to let this happen.

Wil

Quick Reply: My opinion