Classic Mustang Classifieds Classic Mustang Cars and Classic Mustang Parts Sales Only.

1965 Mustang 2+2 Pro Restore on DIY Network Classic Car Restoration Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
davedbutch

Default 1965 Mustang 2+2 Pro Restore on DIY Network Classic Car Restoration Show

This car was professionally restored on the "Do It Yourself Network" television show "Classic Car Restoration". Check your local listings as the episodes are being reaired during the month of February. Please go to http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/episod...81_335,00.html in order to see all they have done to this car, including the Boyd Coddington rims! Scroll to the 500 series of shows for the 1965 Mustang restoration. To make this complete, we have all the restoration shows on CD! It is currently on ebay as item number 190197693852. Simply search for the item number! You can email us through the auction with questions.

[IMG]local://upfiles/90523/270826D97E374F19A927F72B1EABF83F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-26-2008, 10:10 AM
JohnCalvin
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 1965 Mustang 2+2 Pro Restore on DIY Network Classic Car Restoration Show

message deleted! thought i'd give some of the guys on this forum a laugh... I owe them my respect for all the help and building this forum into an amzing database of information and a community of those willing to give a hand at moments notice... not a 1 time posting peddler that has earned nothing here.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:07 AM
davedbutch

Default RE: 1965 Mustang 2+2 Pro Restore on DIY Network Classic Car Restoration Show

Dear John Calvin,

Your attitude is quite rude and unwarranted. Did you even read all the documentation on the DIY Website to see what they did to this car? We aren't new mustang owners and have rebuilt mustangs before. A Classic Car Appraiser who handles Classic Car appraisals for NADA, numerous hot rod classic car mags, and yes, television car shows, said it is a #1. That it falls on the high end of the NADA scale which is 55-63K. I don't appreciate being ridiculed when I believe we came in with a low, fair offer to start. If you check many of the specialty car dealerships you will find that we are right in line with what these vehicles go for.

Shame on you for being so judgemental, espeically with someone you don't know.

You dishonor the name of John Calvin.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:54 PM
JohnCalvin
1st Gear Member

OK OK... simmer down now... I'd be happy to delete my earlier post. I did not mean to be judgemental, just giving my thoughts. This iswhat the internet is... a way for us cowards to hide behind our computers andblast people we are jealous of. Beautiful car by the way... not 38k beautiful :-(It was not meant to be taken so seriously or personal. It was riddled with sarcasm and it was just meant as fun. I'm sorry my opinion was so offensive. Like i said it will be deleted. You do know the name John Calvin... slightly impressive; but then you should know he was also ripped a new one (civil punishment) for giving his opinion... OK... I'll give my fair opinion with out the sarcasm:

What i meant by average resto: For #1 high end of NADA (nothing but the rarest cars ever sell at NADA value) I'd expect a full rotisserie restoration. Including new paint, FULLY rebuilt engine, and since it was not done stock i'd expect quite a few more modern and updated parts. Even in your ad it says there are paint imperfections... but it's still NADA 1? Again.. just my own humble thoughts and opinions. The ad reminds me of a stock pumper (give you 1 clue what i do for a living during the day). Pump up the stock by using news and catch words, get people all excited so they shell outa premium. You are expecting more from your car because: 1 it was on tv, 2 had professionals work on it, 3 by using names like BOYD CODDINGTON. I'm correct on this, don't deny it, you have0posts outside this car... YOU'RE ONLY HERE TO PUMP YOUR CAR. How have you really helpedbuild or added to this forum?You are a pumper... That is probably my primary reason for coming off so sarcastic. I have NO problem with you trying squeeze every penny out of it you can. I'm 100% sure you'll get a premium on that car just because of those things. Had i done the exact same restoration i would not get the same premium. BUT... when someone calls you out on that tactic you can't feel offended. It's your right to get ever penny you can, and my right to throw the bull**** flag.

You're right... I'm could be wrong about 38k being an outrageous starting bid. I would not be surprised if you do get 38 as a final price. If you thought it was a fair price why did it have a reserve? You quite obviously feel it was a fair starting point.... although with out a single bid on it you MUST admit the millions upon millions of ebayers agreed with me. So what was your reserve? Since you say it is at the high end of NADA which you also said is 63k. You're playing a game here... such is business... I assure you i'mjust playing the game the way i play... i in NO WAY mean to offend you PERSONALLY.

IF your car is truly NADA 1 what the heck is it doing on ebay? IF it's nada 1 the only place it belongs is BARRETTS. Then you'll have true enthusiasts and professionals going over your car and you WILL get what it's worth. Barretts is a much better place for a hollywood car anyways. If you truly have a filet mignon in your car don't peddle it at farmers market! Take it to an upscale local and get that premium! Business 101... oops forgive my sarcasm... the more i dwell on your car the more it comes out.

I read my comment again and IT WAS PRETTY HARSH, especially when taken personally. But i look at it this way... say you want it 10 and i want it at 9, so i counter at 8. You pump up the car to the 10 past where it should be, I knock it down to 8 past where it should be... come out averaging at 8. Like it said... it's just business and selling this car is certainly business. I'm just used to playing business at a very fast and brutal pace. Believe me, some people HATE my attitude, emotion and cant handle such bluntness; some people dig it because they know 100% what i'm thinking and really no surprises with me.That's why i'll delete my comment... if unfair because we are clearly not playing the same game.

To conclude my thoughts. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL CAR!!! I wish it was mine and you better believe i'd try to sell it so high to begin with too. This is not personal! I only disagree onyour methods to try andsell. Someone will be very happy with it, if they get it at a fair price. Not Concourse or rare... not worth your 63k on the street. Try Barretts if it's truly that good. If you only join this forum to peddle your hollywood car and not be a productive member of this community I WILL call you on it.

JOHN CALVIN OUT!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:05 PM
JohnCalvin
1st Gear Member

Just gotta say... It really is BEAUTIFUL! I do hope you get what it's worth... don't be too greedy though... it's not your blood, sweat and tears that are in this car. you only won it.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:14 PM
davedbutch

I apologize for being a "pumper". But, my husband is a pastor and we need to sell the car so he can get his second doctorate. The reason we entered the information in various forums was to give those who might be interested the ability to buy the car at a lower price than what a specialty car dealership would jack the price up to. My husband loves mustangs and has restored some himself. He sold his 1967 to pay for seminary the first time. He thought it would be nice to offer it to true mustang lovers without a middle man. It is sad that we don't get taken seriously just because we don't post on this board regularly. Due to his profession going to Arizona for auction is just not something we have the ability to do with time and expense.

We did plan on taking it to the local classic car seller if we didn't sell it on our own. But come on, anyone who wants to sell their car would be wise to make an attempt to sell it on their own first. This way, we are able to work with an interested buyer on our level, without some hyper sales guy.

We were not dishonest in anyway about the car. The very few imperfections (2) mentioned aren't noticeable without putting your nose basically to the car. The starting price was not the selling price and we wanted to only have serious bidders. That is why we had a reserve.

There are three people who responded to us personally through our Ebay ad who are interested. So, we didn't truly expect a bid, but to gain some interest. They seemed to appreciate the fact that we didn't first go to the dealership. It gives us the ability to develop a relationship and discuss mustangs and maybe even make a new friend.

I still think it is sad that just because we don't post or "add anything to the forum" (except apparently some humor), that we would be characterized as using you in some way. Heck, I would be happy if someone let me know that a car is available that I might be interested in. Not everyone goes to Ebay and some people might have enjoyed just looking at the pictures. That is what happens at the mustang club meetings. We look at each other's cars. To be made to feel like I was doing something wrong when I was simply saying, "Hey, check it out" makes me not want to be part of the forum.

So, the car will sell when the Lord wants it to, or He will provide the funds for school so we don't have to sell the car. Believe me, my husband would love to keep it. But his service to God is more important than the car and his education ain't cheap!

So thank you for listening to my rant now.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:27 PM
JohnCalvin
1st Gear Member

HAHA... thanks, nice rant. No worries... you certainly have nothing to apologize for. You did nothing wrong. Like i said i would certainly try to get every penny out of it i could. I'm shocked you took the time and interest to even bother responding to a rant like mine. Unfortunatly you were on the receiving end of me taking out some frusteration from the week. I also must admit i didn't really read it... wish i had! I was under the assumption that it was being sold by the show and that got under my skin for some reason.I was thinking to myself they've got plenty of sponsors and should give it awayor something. LOL, turns out they did i just wasn't paying attention. I do hope you get a fair price for it, it is a beautiful car... I'm sure sorry you guys can't keep it and enjoy it. I've sold a few of my restored cars myself and some through a classic car dealer. Everytime i've used a specialty dealer, it hasseemed to get substantially more money and MUCH less frusteration on my part. But it sounds like you're pretty versed in this type of stuff. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 AM
davedbutch

Now you made John Calvin proud. I might be a pastor's wife, but I'm from Jersey and we don't back down from anyone. LOL Take care.