Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Radio Dash Repair - Pix

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Radio Dash Repair - Pix

ORIGINAL: Mustang Dad

Friday nights.....crusing.......Beach Boys on the radio.....damn those were the days. Soarings probally the only one that really remembers them like I do.
"Little Surfer Girl" Yeah, a few July the 4ths ago, the Beach Boys band came to Houston and had a concert outside in the park.
There was only one original Beach Boy left in the band, but we had a ball listening to all the old tunes.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:36 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

I've heard from many people that those Custom Sound radios break all the time. That's what I was going to do to my 65 was to weld the dash repair plate and put in the Custom Sound stereo, but I just went with a aftermarket Pioneer. It doesn't make that much difference to me though, I'm just a kid.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
kalli
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eZ

Does anyone make and original looking radio that plays an mp3 player?
iPod + iTrip does every FM Radio you get your hands on. no matter what make or model.

The iTrip is plugged into the headphone jack of the ipod. it acts as a little radio station in itself which only sends about 5 to 10 meters. You can set the iTrip to a specific station you pick. let's say 100.4 FM and it will broadcast whatever comes out of the iPod headphone jacket on this frequency. You can use _any_ FM receiver (car radio) to tune in to that signal

In case you have an ipod, you get this iTrip thing for ~30 quid.

additionally there are poweruntis for the ipod that plug into the cigarette lighter. so the iPod battery won't run dead while you're on the road ....

i like it ... (it's not legal for use in Europe, but no prob in the US as far as I know). Sold at every store that sells ipods and accessories ..

kalli
Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kalli

ORIGINAL: eZ

Does anyone make and original looking radio that plays an mp3 player?
iPod + iTrip does every FM Radio you get your hands on. no matter what make or model.

The iTrip is plugged into the headphone jack of the ipod. it acts as a little radio station in itself which only sends about 5 to 10 meters. You can set the iTrip to a specific station you pick. let's say 100.4 FM and it will broadcast whatever comes out of the iPod headphone jacket on this frequency. You can use _any_ FM receiver (car radio) to tune in to that signal

In case you have an ipod, you get this iTrip thing for ~30 quid.

additionally there are poweruntis for the ipod that plug into the cigarette lighter. so the iPod battery won't run dead while you're on the road ....

i like it ... (it's not legal for use in Europe, but no prob in the US as far as I know). Sold at every store that sells ipods and accessories ..

kalli
ehh, i could never make that itrip work out for me, it was always staticy and it would change stations on me randomly sometimes