Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

So some1 went after me and my car last nite

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:39 PM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: So some1 went after me and my car last nite

Pay VERY close attention to this: Call the local PD or Sheriff's office and file a report. You must do this to first protect yourself if it goes to court and second so that there is legal recourse against this jerk. You neighbor should be interviewed by the cops so that it is obvious to them who the jerk is in this situation. Next have PD go pay the offendera visit. You DO NOT want to go over to his house and present him with the options. He already showed you that he is a jerk with no common sense or fear of you and your options approach. The only thing that people like that understand is the prospect of going to jail. You need to start a papertrail so that if anything in the future happens (court or insurance) that you are covered. If you go over to his house he will tell you whatever he has to just to get you to leave and then he'll blow you off. He will become the total slouch and not do what he promises. Take my word on this.
If you have the paperwork for the future then you will not need it, if you blow this off and don't get the proper paperwork I will guarantee that you will come to need it desperately. Do not wait one more minute on this. Call the Sheriff or local PD and have them come see the damage and take pics.
You never know this jerk might already have a criminal record and the only way you will get him to comply is to get the PD to do it's job. This is not for you as Joe Citizen to go over to see him and make amends. If the guy was sorry and regretful he would have already shown up on your doorstep this morning with cash in hand and"I'm sorry" about 200 times.

You are too young to have experieced stuff like us old timers on the board but this statement applies perfectly. "No good deed goes unpunished". Do the right thing and call the local authorities - they are the only ones that have any power against this jerk.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:08 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

why didnt you beat his *** last night?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:12 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

ya... if anyone came onto my property to kick the crap outa my Mustang there woulda been a shotgun blast and he'd get to spend the rest of the night pulling shot outa his @ss
Old 04-28-2007, 06:22 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I agree with what 68S said. That's the best thing you could do.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:57 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

I have to say,you are a much better person than me.I would have beat his as$ up and down the street.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 PM
MidNite27
2nd Gear Member

I had no reason to hit him all night, i wont start a fight if some1 knocks me outta my chair and wants to fight if i did nothing wrong. I just had to find out why he was pissed and explain myself. But if i did see him kick my car, then i can gaurentee you that sadly would have been a reason to go all out on him.

I went to his house today, he left to oceanside. Ironically it was his going away party last night. I have sent him a message on myspace and my freind is going to call him. My neighbor is a cop so i will talk to her very soon. I just dont want to go the whole legal mess ****, i'm dropping the damn car off to get painted on the 3rd. This is just some ****ty ****.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:13 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

You better hope you dont end up geting screwed and have to pay for the repairs. The longer you wait the less chance you have of getting anything.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 68SCode4speed

Pay VERY close attention to this: Call the local PD or Sheriff's office and file a report. You must do this to first protect yourself if it goes to court and second so that there is legal recourse against this jerk. You neighbor should be interviewed by the cops so that it is obvious to them who the jerk is in this situation. Next have PD go pay the offendera visit. You DO NOT want to go over to his house and present him with the options. He already showed you that he is a jerk with no common sense or fear of you and your options approach. The only thing that people like that understand is the prospect of going to jail. You need to start a papertrail so that if anything in the future happens (court or insurance) that you are covered. If you go over to his house he will tell you whatever he has to just to get you to leave and then he'll blow you off. He will become the total slouch and not do what he promises. Take my word on this.
If you have the paperwork for the future then you will not need it, if you blow this off and don't get the proper paperwork I will guarantee that you will come to need it desperately. Do not wait one more minute on this. Call the Sheriff or local PD and have them come see the damage and take pics.
You never know this jerk might already have a criminal record and the only way you will get him to comply is to get the PD to do it's job. This is not for you as Joe Citizen to go over to see him and make amends. If the guy was sorry and regretful he would have already shown up on your doorstep this morning with cash in hand and"I'm sorry" about 200 times.

You are too young to have experieced stuff like us old timers on the board but this statement applies perfectly. "No good deed goes unpunished". Do the right thing and call the local authorities - they are the only ones that have any power against this jerk.
+1
If you dont do this you WILL get stuck w/ the repair bill all by your self. If you think its a pain to do it now wait until its to late.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:00 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

+1
If you dont do this you WILL get stuck w/ the repair bill all by your self. If you think its a pain to do it now wait until its to late.
Glen had this happen to him, did he ever get it fixed? Wasnt it qouted near a grand?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:16 AM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

Midnite - the problem here is that you are applying your values and morals as to how the offender is thinking. If you could onlysee it from his perspective of, "Boy, I sure kicked the crap out of that's pu**ys car - bet he'll remember me for a long time. I'd do it again if I got the chance."

By your response of "wait and chat with cop neighbor or get his friend to call him" I can see that you'd never do something like this to someone else's pride & joy. You have better morals & values than the jerk who kicked your car.

Hell - if I were in charge for a day I'd do two things: First, outlaw moon hubcaps (just hate those things) and second, make it a lifetime sentenceto anyone messin' with someone else'smuscle car.

Whatever you decide I hope it works out but take it from someone who's been there... file a report, it will only help you in the long run. Work smart in life, not hard.

Quick Reply: So some1 went after me and my car last nite