Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

So some1 went after me and my car last nite

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: So some1 went after me and my car last nite

ORIGINAL: MidNite27

He replied to the message and is going to reimburse me for the damages when he gets paid next week. Just words i know, but i trust ppl at least once until they break it, just how i work. Hopefully it all comes through.
Step in the right direction, hopefully everything will work out.

However, don't let him pull your chain by not coming through, if he doesn't (after his promised date of payment), file a police report as soon as possible.

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

+10000000000000 to 68's post. Get a paper trail, you WILL need it.
-P.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:05 PM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

He replied to the message and is going to reimburse me for the damages when he gets paid next week. Just words i know, but i trust ppl at least once until they break it, just how i work. Hopefully it all comes through.
Boy have I ever been down this road before. Trusting this type of person has NEVER worked for me, but I wish you all the luck. I see a small claims court in your future. Keep his reply confirming guilt and your damage pictures for future reference. If he decides to hose you on this, get him on the assault charge as well.

Keep us posted as to the outcome.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:25 PM
MC
2nd Gear Member

He was drunk, he heard me telling something to a freind, he thought i was being sarcastic, later he came running outta the house and threw me outta my chair yellin about his family and ****, they tried to cool him down, he ran outside and kicked the rear quarter panel of my car and dented it in. I just found the dent part out last night after i got home. I'm having his neighbor (my friend) talk to him and see wat can be done. Any logical suggestions besides beating his head in with a bat?

Nothing else comes to mind.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:18 PM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

You know back in the old days if you had a run in with someone you just told your best buddy that you are going to kick someone's ***. Eventually it got back to the other person and you met after school and duked it out until one went down. Simple enough. Nowdays people file restraining orders, A & B charges (there goes your right to own a firearm), and get arrested for punching outsomeone who deserved it. Taking this matter into your hands without any support from the law is extremely risky, as it becomes a "he said, she said" matter ifyou don't have backup or hardcopy supporting your claim. All the a** kicking responses are fine and dandy but they won't solve anything and will most likely get you tossed in jail (or worse yet if you give him a dirt nap). If you can't do the time then don't do the crime.
The funny thing with getting a paper trail goingis that it is free and will be there to backup your story if you go to court. I truly hope that you get full payment for the damages but I highly doubt it. I too give folks one chance but he already burned that one chance when he knocked you out of your chair and double dogged you when he kicked inyour quarter panel...
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM
middiepride
2nd Gear Member

try all of their suggestions first and if all else fails, try mine. my grandfather was gonna do this when some piece of sh*t new neighbor robbed our cars(he got caught). you take old style napthalene mothballs (it says it in the ingredients), dissolve them in a gallon of gas and put it in his gas tank. his car will run like a champ (it's kind of like an octane booster) he'll turn it off and the engine will have gotten so hot that the piston and piston rings melt to the cylinder walls and his car will never run again.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:21 PM
66GTKFB
5th Gear Member

An old wives tale, it don't work that way; and don't go giving the youth of America any old ideas, let them create some new ones.
Jim
Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM
sweet 65
1st Gear Member

I had a guy throw a crushed soup can at my car and take a chunk out of the paint on my hood. I would have kicked his *** if i found out who did it within the first week or two but it was almost 9 months before I found out who did it. When I could't figure out who did it, I talked to the police. He looked at the surveilance videos but my car was out of range. It was just by accident that it came up when I was talking to some guys who did see it. I immediately went to the cop and two hours later he brought the guy to me. He was very appoligetic but I still made him pay. I got a quote for $270 and I got it because I had the cops involved. 68's advise is good.