Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Goodbye all

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
mySAVIOReigns
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Goodbye all

Man...didn't see that one coming.

Well Glen, I really hope you stick around. We never got to meet, and hopefully you'll stay in touch with us here. Especially so next year I can drive down to Austin and go to the MOCA show.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

Glen,
When I first encountered you "stile” I didn't like what I saw, but now after getting to know why you are so passionate about these cars in original form I understand it, and because of YOU respect that opinion. I will say this; prior to encountering you I felt that the only reason to not "upgrade" a Mustang to a more modern configuration was a shortage of time or money. You have opened my eyes and for that I am eternally grateful. I hope you stick around so that other like my self, blinded by the glitter of things new and efficient, can see the value and beauty in a complete original car.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:58 PM
john721
2nd Gear Member

I'm with you, gothand.....Stay and feel free to continue to express your opinion. Not once did I view anything Glen shared as abrasive. EVERYONE has a right to their opinion here. Don't we seek people's "opinions" here? I do...and take it all in....and sort through the ones I agree with, and the ones I don't. Where's the harm? Anyway...stick around Glen...I always valued your opinions, whether or not they were what I wanted to hear...
Old 08-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

I would like to reiterate that soaring was NOT removed for his views on any specific types of vehicles, but due to some personal issues 'behind the scenes' between himself and a few other moderators. Some may have seen the post in this section prior to it being removed.

For a website of this size to run smoothly, it is important for the moderators to work together, and that had become an issue. I just wanted everyone to understand that glen's opinions on restomods had NOTHING to do with the mutual decision for him to step down as a moderator.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:25 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Thank you very much!
Glen, I am sorry to hear that you are stepping down (or being forced). You have put tons of time and knowledge into this site and even straightened a few of out when we needed it. Some people just don't understand. The classic section won't be the same without your moderator skills but, hopefully you will hang out here and if you don't leta few of us know.... the way i see it is I am definately up for some golf next time around (the MOCCA Show I will be ready this time)... There are not many people who will let a bunch of motor heads come over.

I really like how you have more post then any other moderator
Old 08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

[][&o]

glen! dont leave! ive learned so much from you!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

This sucks. I really hope you dont leave, but I guess I cant blame you if you do. Thank you VERY, VERY much for all of the help that you have given me in the short time that I have been a member.

I dont know what the issues were, so I cant pass blame or judgement in any direction, but this site may havejust lost one of its most knowledgeable members, I hope it was worth it.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Chaz78StangII

did I miss the political section? I thought this was a Mustang website.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:37 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

[&:] wow?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:49 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

The whole thing is a crock of ****.

Politics suck!!! and it seems as if crybabies rule today...... Sad....

I will miss you Glen, and likewise with many other posters I hope you remain as a member....... and give em hell...

(Coup d'état successful,,, nice move....)

Quick Reply: Goodbye all