Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Hot Rod Power Tour

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 04:07 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hot Rod Power Tour

She'll need books, movies and music if she's not a gearhead

Saturday's pictures:Miller Park Saturday pictures

See you guys again tomorrow...
Old 06-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Thanks for the pics Clutch. You are a handsome man. I like your cung-fu.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:26 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Yup that's me (just before the camera broke

That was right after finalizing the deal with Bassani

Oh, and by the way, I won a Banks Diesel engine controller in the drawing today... Nice to have when I get a Diesel I guess... Prime candidate for EbAY!

Not as many pics today, the venue was not set up too good, and our camera battery died. We had to walk a few miles out to town to get a new one.

Anyways, I'll edit this post and link to more pics later... Wife is HUNGRY for FOOD!

C!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Markstang1969
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lClutchl

She'll need books, movies and music if she's not a gearhead

Saturday's pictures:Miller Park Saturday pictures

See you guys again tomorrow...
Don't worry, she's the kind who helps me out by cleaning parts as I take them off the car: The only question for us when picking up the project for us to work on was I wanted a Mustang and she wanted a 68-70 chevelle

Great pics! Keep 'em coming

Old 06-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Jinxed67Stang
2nd Gear Member

Man, I'm jealous wish I could roll out to something like that. Look like alot of sweet cars and I'm gonna guess some really cool people as well. Keep the reports and pics comming in.

I like this hood is it a stock piece?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Wow what a busy day!

Yesterday (Tuesday) the carb was really acting up... so bad that I decided to pull it at the venue and make some "adjustments" to the butterflies. Since the Cam is a little big on my engine (Ford B303) I had to drill a 1/16 hole in each of the primary butterflies to help lean out the idle circuit.

Since I had to pull the carb, I decided to reset the float levels in case something changed... couldn't get the front float to adjust at all, so seeing as how I'm working on the car in the middle of the show, I had TONS of help! I had people calling mechanics back home, walking the crowd trying to find an expert, the only thing they didn't do was put a ad up on the Goodyear Blimp! (and that's because one was not handy )

Eventually some of my new friends located an expert riding along with the Comp Cams team. This guy came over and spent the better part of two hours troubleshooting/repairing/adjusting the carb out. Turned out to be the rear float valve was stuck, flooding the engine at idle. He grabbed some new valves out of his demo carbs and installed them FREE OF CHARGE!

You guys have no idea how great this tour has been... I thought that transmission thing we all saw on the RIDES episode was PR bullcrap, but it turns out it is the general rule here. Last night some vendors drove out and picked up 2 clutches and helped install them on site. 4 carb replacements, suspension repairs... One guy has a standing offer for free car transport on the route if needed. (most people don't because if you pull over and pop the hood, you're going to have lots of company! Really hard to take a wiz on the side of the road with people stopping every 10 seconds asking if everything is alright!)

Anyways, Thanks to the numerous people who's names I can't remember, Team Bassani for the use of their toolset, and Comp Cams, we are on the road, and running better than ever!

Oh, and here are some more pics...

http://www.yeticans.com/pt_sunday/

http://www.yeticans.com/pt_monday/

http://www.yeticans.com/pt_tuesday/
Old 06-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Wow! Sounds like some really nice people. Glad you got your carb straightened out. This would be a decent looking car if he would just lower it.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:53 PM
nualln
3rd Gear Member

I thought that transmission thing we all saw on the RIDES episode was PR bullcrap, but it turns out it is the general rule here.
Curious. What transmission thing?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:16 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

I know, I will also never understand why the vents get painted black... Tacky in my opinion.

Last year a guy doing the long haul on Power tour blew his transmission. Titus (host that year) hauled his disabled car with his personal trailer, and delivered it to a shop that allowed GM performance technicians to use the equipment to install a brand new transmisson from Year One.

Once the job was complete, they charged him $1.00 for the parts and labor!

Sounds like PR, but it's real. There is a Fiero with a bad tranny that's on the lift tonight getting work done at a dramaticly reduced rate. Yesterday O'riley autoparts picked up two clutches and helped install them right on the PT lot to keep the vehicles rolling.

This morning I ran across a guy with a 68 Cougar who blew the bearing on his waterpump. I drove him around and found the parts and helped him install it this morning.

There are more stories like those than I could possibly post here.

This tour is AMAZING!
Old 06-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Markstang1969
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nualln

I thought that transmission thing we all saw on the RIDES episode was PR bullcrap, but it turns out it is the general rule here.
Curious. What transmission thing?
On the Rides show with Titus one of the guys had his tranny blow out and one of the companies found a garage on the route and put in a whole new trany so he could finish the tour. Free of charge. The guy was almost in tears. Hot Rods and friendship; It's a beautiful thing

EDIT, I see clutch already answered

Quick Reply: Hot Rod Power Tour