Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

it appears I am afraid to leave her places

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:03 PM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NoReins
I don't blame you... the thought of her being free game for touching and feeling and SITTING IN! Ugh - disgusts me. What is it with people? It gives me anxiety just thinking about it!
Yep, mine was 2 years and counting building a basic driver. Yours, I haven't kept track of time, but it's gone a few levels above and beyond. You think you're picky now? Wait 'til you're done! It's sad how the protective instinct kicks in when you put it out in the real world!

Another side note: Years ago we went to Houston for a monster truck show. I didn't want to make our new Silverado after seeing thefts firsthand on multiple previous visits. We took our 74 International Travelall "The Bomber"! 2 lane roads were suddenly 4 lane as traffic wouldn't get close to that beast! Switch lanes? No need to look. Just wag it and anybody in the next lane was gone! It's a damned shame our collectible classics don't get no respect.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:03 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

That reason is why I really enjoy my old Lincoln, it looks ok, it is a great driver, but it ain't so nice that I worry about parking it most anywhere.

IMO if a car is made so nice that it can't really be enjoyed, then it just isn't worth it to me. So use the car, enjoy it, no matter how nice it is, and just fix the wear and tear later.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
MustangFTW

i dont worry about it much, if someone wanted to steal your car they would do it. Im not going to let that stop me from enjoying it!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
rst08tierney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KMatch
An internet buddy of mine from a professional automotive site had a Shelby and comes back to the parking lot to find some fat chick LAYING ACROSS HIS HOOD! That got ugly and he finally sold it due to too many people's lack of respect.
This is where the no fat chicks licensee plate frame comes in handy, also stay away from the candy paint jobs.

This sticker is great, it goes right next to the mustang club of america one on the front windshield

Last edited by rst08tierney; 06-20-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 AM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

The problem with signs? The idiots who need to read them can't/won't! Those the signs don't apply to get offended. It's a lose/lose situation so I'd rather just shoot the offenders...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM
dmaclaren
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Coupe
You could leave an empty side holster laying in the drivers seat...that may at least make anyone stop and think... :-)
Great idea!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM
dmaclaren
2nd Gear Member

I was at my first show an got some food. Came back to find a woman leaning on the fender with her backside. I wad polite but was thinking, WTF..
Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Never gets better the 65 i drive daily i still hate to leave anywhere i cant see it every 5 mins or so, unless its at home. Nice 2 way alarm would help this. When im at school over the summer and drive it down its parked by no one right out side my window but for some reason, any sound or light wakes me and forces me to look out the window, cant go back to sleep with out doing this.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

LOL...

It's nice I'm not the only one. I don't park mine anywhere that I cannot get a 10ft clear radius around the car where no one can park next to it. And even then I'm all over keeping an eye on it. I don't park under trees. It's never been out in the rain or on gravel.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
CarGuyZM10
2nd Gear Member

Ha, I'm kinda weird about this. At a car show, I am fine leaving the car alone all day (to go sit in the shade), but ANYWHERE else, I do not want it out of my site! On the rare occasion that we have stopped somewhere to get something to eat, I always have my Grandfather park it by a window. I am so bad, that whenever my Grandfather drops me off at my house, I get a bit nervous about him driving it home without me, and it's his car!

As for anyone leaning on the car, I would ask them nicely not to do that, and see where it goes from there.

If I found someone sitting in the car, we better know them and they are playing a joke on us, or else I will flip out, and you may even see my name in the police log!

Quick Reply: it appears I am afraid to leave her places