Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

FAST EZ-EFi system

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 AM
rsusmark

Default FAST EZ-EFi system

WOW...what a difference between the carb and the EFi system! The throttle response is perfect, idle as smooth as can be and way more top end than I care to find out about. Sure, it's pricey, and no, you can't do it in a day unless you are a hack. It takes time to dress all the harness out right so you don't burn it on the exhaust or catch it on moving parts, but when it's done, you'll love it. I had a few hurdles to overcome along the way...finding a second port for the coolant temp sensor and then I put a wire on a circuit that was not what we needed but outside of that, things went exactly as they should have. If anyone has questions, please ask, I will be happy to reply! Reid
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
MustangFTW

holy hell those are expensive, 1800 for the basekit.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Cool. How about some finished pics?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:27 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

i heard great feedback about them before. Seems everyone is very happy with them. And although I never tried I was the same opinion about the time it takes to install. ya, i can rip the carb off and install that in an hour. but if you have to do fuel lines, pump, wiring, etc etc it will take more than a day (would have been my guess) or at least a very long day.
I always wanted one of those, but I'm so happy with the way my own carb is tuned at the moment all of this went to a back-bench
Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Damn....one more vote towards me getting the EFI kit. It's suppose to raise your fuel economy as well right?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:31 PM
MustangFTW

Originally Posted by musnicki
Damn....one more vote towards me getting the EFI kit. It's suppose to raise your fuel economy as well right?
it should.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

If i didn't use a oem set up i would run http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_3.php it looks like a carb.Or http://www.mass-floefi.com/
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 AM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

There's no reason a carb can't get the same mileage, power and throttle response as EFI, unless it's not set up correctly.

That said, I've been looking at the EZ-EFI setup, possibly the port injection version for easier tuning and better adaptability when changing engine combinations.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:12 AM
rsusmark

Hi Gang, sorry about the abbreviated post, wanted to actually drive the car and did so today...200 miles, everything from idle to pedal to the carpet and all worked great. Not sure yet about the mileage but will know more tomorrow when we do another 200 miles and I fill up again. My guess is about 25-26 mpg with the 347 and the T5 trans. Got rid of that noisy mechanical fan and now have an electric controlled by the EFI system. Now when you get on it, it sounds like Steve McQueens car in Bullet! Too cool... I promise I will post pictures, probably later on in the weekend since the car show we are going to tomorrow (today) ends at 10 PM. Any questions, please ask! Reid
Old 08-13-2011, 01:23 AM
rsusmark

One thing I forgot to mention about the EFI is that the engine idles much better now, my wife won't keep trying to take it in for a tune up! The cam I used made for a pretty rough idle but the efi smoothed all that out. BTW, best price I found for the master kit was eBay (727speedshop) for $1725.00 delivered.

Quick Reply: FAST EZ-EFi system