Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

My Mustang is finally in the shop!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:01 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Default My Mustang is finally in the shop!

If all goes as planned I should have it back in about 3 weeks or so.

My dad is going to paint it, we have decided to keep the red that is on there, well we don't know what the color is exactly, but we are going to look through books and find a color that pretty much matches what is on there now.

With my dad doing the work I know it will be done great, he is going to put 4 coats of clear on it he is also going to repaint my grill black, and touch up the glovebox.

I am also finally getting the torque thrusts 2 wheels (chrome), 16" in the back and 15" in the front, with a 245 tire in the back (Kuhmo) not sure what tire size I am getting in front prob like 215 or 225.

Then my car is getting the 3.25 gears put in, that way I can drive it wherever, those darn 3.80 are just too much for the thing, I will also be getting a new speedometer cable and an alluminum overflow catch can.

Then sometime after X-mas I plan on redoing my audio stuff, I already have a good amp and head unit, I need to replace my door panel and back speakers, along with my subwoofers and enclosure, the stuff I have right now is just too old. I am looking to put about 500 into this if I can.

Then my car will be all done, and well not too brag but it will be like the nicest stang around

As far as getting a new car, i have decided not too for now atleast, I mean my stang will be ultimate and my 93' saturn works just fine.

Now I have to get my stang dynoed and all, the guy I bought it from said the engine came from his friend's shop back in like 79' that is all he knows, I suppose I should try and get the #'s off the block 1st too get a baseline idea of HP.

Sorry about the long post, but I am excited!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:37 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My Mustang is finally in the shop!

What the Duece? lol, Good luck with it all. I have a sound system, but the car rattles so much with it, i dont turn it loud...... SIKE.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:54 AM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

by the by, the grill on your car should be a light blue not ablack. Many have argued what color what it should be, and it is in fact a light blue. If you could care less about correctness disregaurd this message, thats the concourse joe for ya[&:]
Old 11-21-2005, 11:56 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

A light blue really? I have never heard of that. Well, either way I like it black.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:56 AM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

Yeah, your right. I have the original grill, and it's not a jet black. I thought it was just faded black, but i guess not.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:11 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

yeah i was really pissed when i got around to painting the grill in the GTA and to find out its to be blue!! I chemically stripped the old one and noticed blue, but like you guys said, it looked like faded black. I called my buddy who specializes in Concourse rules and he informed me that 65-67 grilles were a light blue(almost the same color of the power sterring pumps on 67-70. ) I even wrote to Mustang Monthly and asked if just GT's got a black out treatment, to my surprise they replied that despite what some say, no GT's came with blacked out grilles, al 65-67 came with light blue, however cars built after 04/12/67 came with black..... either way it sounds like it would look bad and it does lol, but if your a concourse junkie like me it matters.... IMHO i think black looks soooooo much better. If anyone would like the correct co9lor, give NPD a call, they carry near exact correct blue for the grills, its a little pricey at 10 bucks but give them a call

www.nationalpartsdepot.com

click on the Mustang, then on paint and stripe kits i think