Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Group Purchase on The Granada Swap Kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Baker
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Group Purchase on The Granada Swap Kit!!

Does it have to be 5 of the same kit? Am I alone in my "seventiesness"?
Old 02-26-2006, 10:08 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Lol. The kit amzingly works for all mustang years 65-73, Just email degins and he will help you with the payments. I am hoping to get my money in by the middle of the week. (end at most i hope.) Just specidy your vehicle year, manual or power brakes, and manual or PS
Old 02-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: tylerdru

Glen,

Is this what you are talking about? I bought this last week just so i would have it.
http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchant...gory_Code=line
That looks like the one to fit Tyler. I will first use some coat hangers to get the measurement close, then go to a local parts place to see if they have the lines. That way, I can exchange them if they don't fit. But if they don't have them, then your link will be my second choice.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:38 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

They say you can buy ten feet of pre flared line and just loop the excess, but i would just go with a flare kit and get better sizes. The coat hanger is i good idea if i have to go with any new lines.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:40 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

I'm considering this, is there a limit on the date? Not sure when money will show up in that amount.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

I'm considering this, is there a limit on the date? Not sure when money will show up in that amount.
How about this question Dennis? Will your kit be available in the future for this $470 price?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:11 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

I was gonna ask him about some kind of down payment deal. You know like a non refundable commitment to lock in on the group purchase price. Because not all of us are ready for disc brakes. Dennis would profit either way.

Edit: I was thinking around like a $50 commitment payment. then you owe $420(plus shipping) whenever you pay for the kit. It is all up to dennis though.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 AM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tylerdru

They say you can buy ten feet of pre flared line and just loop the excess, but i would just go with a flare kit and get better sizes. The coat hanger is i good idea if i have to go with any new lines.
Most auto parts stores sell premade brake lines in lenghts of 8", 12" 20", 30...up to 72". They have the fittings and flares in place. I would use these if possible, making loops where necessary to use up extra tube. Also remember that it is always a good idea to put a loop in any short lenght of tube to provide flex relief. Flaring a tube takes a GOOD tool, not the $20 ones.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:32 AM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

I will accept these orders for another week. After that, we'll see. I don't have the book keeping skills to manage down payments and would find it unethical to keep you money if you couldn't afford to go through with the purchase. Money isn't that important. I'm sure I'll eventually have other specials. In the meantime, I am doing everything I can to improve the value of the kit.

In the meantime, if you wish to make a purchase under this group buy, make sure to mention the group when you contact me. I will do my best to ship within 2 days of payment. Good luck to all.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:16 AM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

alright then i will get my money in by friday.

Quick Reply: Group Purchase on The Granada Swap Kit!!