Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear window and top seem ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
CHIC
1st Gear Member

Default Rear window and top seem ???

Sorry if this is a repost, but recently i have noticed the bottom of the rear window on the driver's side separating from the top. Basically, it's like the glue stopped sticking and you could pretty much pull the top away from the window. I used some superglue as a tack for the time being to hold it from rain and elements, but I haven't been able to find any glue that works or is made for that.

Has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it? Recommendations on glues and where to get them? Im in MD. thanks.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:23 AM
scarslilpyro
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Rear window and top seem ???

ORIGINAL: CHIC

Sorry if this is a repost, but recently i have noticed the bottom of the rear window on the driver's side separating from the top. Basically, it's like the glue stopped sticking and you could pretty much pull the top away from the window. I used some superglue as a tack for the time being to hold it from rain and elements, but I haven't been able to find any glue that works or is made for that.

Has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it? Recommendations on glues and where to get them? Im in MD. thanks.
Pics?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:46 AM
95 comvert
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Rear window and top seem ???

Yeah, it means that your rear window seal is bad. You can fix it temp, not a perm fix, but seems to last a while if you do it right. Go get some windshield sealant (its clear silicone) and spread it on the backside of the rear bottom curtain or against the bottom glass and then press the two together you will need to place some thing on it overnight to keep it from coming up. I have done this to two mustangs and it has worked on both. Its just NOT a permanent fix, it means that your seal is bad and you will eventually have to get a new one, but this will definately buy you time.