Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trunk space - help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 AM
ozsean

Default trunk space - help please

g'day all

im travelling to the u.s. from australia in may and im about to hire a mustang for the trip.

im about to hire a convertabe for a 10 day tour on the west coast

im worried about the trunk space in the convertable asi'll be bringing 2 hard sided suit cases with me and id like to have the top down with the cases in the trunk.

any information would be appreciated

cheers

sean

Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 AM
illini4
1st Gear Member

Default RE: trunk space - help please

I've had a large suitcase and a couple smaller soft-sided duffle-type bags in my trunk with no problem. It of course depends on the size of your bags. You could always put one in the back seat. I'd suggest you find an S-197 convertable locally and do a test run.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Could you give us the measurement of your suit cases? Some are WAY bigger than others lol

Old 04-15-2008, 06:27 PM
ozsean

thanks for that
measurment wise i have a hard sided suitcase 2 feet long, 1 foot 6 inches wide and between 11 and 13 inches high depending on how ful it is.
do you think this would fit with space to spare with the top down?
they are almost impossible to find locally for a test run im afraid, although i did check out a sebring which the hire place also offered and the trunks space was hopeless!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

That doesn't sound too big, although I doubt you'd fit two of them in the trunk.

Hopefully someone with a s197 will measure their trunk for you and let you know. (sorry, I'd do it, but I have an 01 and any rental you get is going to be 07 or 08)

If the s197's trunks are anything like the new edge mustangs though, one case shouldn't be a problem. The hardest part actually isn't the trunk space, it's the trunk opening. Oh, and the trunk is the same size with the top up or down. If it doesn't fit in the trunk though, just throw it in the back seat. That's what they're there for after all! No normal person can comfortably sit in the back seat of a mustang for very long! Especially a 'vert! (kids are the exception here, the back seat is great for a kid-sized person).
Old 04-17-2008, 12:42 PM
illini4
1st Gear Member

I took some measurements on my 07 GT vert last night, and I'd say only one of your suitcases will fit in the trunk. You will have to put the other one in the back seat, or buy a couple smaller dufflebags or something similar which should fit along with oneof your large cases.