Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Why can't I post in certain sections? Are you a new member?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:04 AM
jbakerinc

well Im up to 2 posts now.....
Old 12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
enix187
3rd Gear Member

by certain sections do you mean for sale and such? if so they're blocked to new users to avoid spam/scammers, join in some discussions and you'll be in there in no time man
Old 12-28-2010, 04:12 AM
tjace34
1st Gear Member

Default Cant Upload Images for Signature

Still cant upload a pic for my signature....at the bottom where it has signature codes it still says : Can Upload Images for Signature -- NO

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Tom, your settings look OK for access and options. Try uploading a siggy pic and see if it works now.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Better if you address your issues to a moderator.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:13 AM
tjace34
1st Gear Member

It is addressed to a Moderator.....28HopUp is a moderator.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:47 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Originally Posted by tjace34
Still cant upload a pic for my signature....at the bottom where it has signature codes it still says : Can Upload Images for Signature -- NO
I don't think you can period, even mine says no. but what you can do is host the pic on a site like photobucket and then copy paste the link into your sig. Here, this is what my sig looks like.

IMG]http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/bluebloodedpony/ForumFunnies/ben-roethlisberger-gets-slappe-o.gif[/IMG

IMG]http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/bluebloodedpony/3-Pres.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/bluebloodedpony/user95474_pic29213_1273166658.jpg[/IMG

URL="https://mustangforums.com/forum/maryland-regional-chapter-146/"]Join Us: MD Mustang Chapter[/URL

QUOTE=TorinoCobra070;7226820]you got married. rookie mistake brah.[/QUOTE

QUOTE=drhoward;7282063]I find liquor is the best way to start your day off/QUOTE]
I removed the brackets on the code so you can see what I mean.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 AM
RavenTBK

Okay, I have read and can completely understand the logic about restricting new users from posting in certain sections until they form a reputation with the board, as well as uploading items that could be malicious, however, restricting new members from VIEWING attachments has to be the stupidest idea ever.

So a new member signs up and needs help with...say an ABS issue.. where a more experienced member has posted a pdf with troubleshooting steps. How in the hell is the new member going to be able to fix his car if he cant VIEW the attachment?

Or, in my case, I dont own a Mustang at all. I have a P71 Crown Victoria. I have been wanting to purchase some wheels to replace the steelies that it currently sports. Of course, there are no decent wheels ever posted on CrownVic.net, so I came here. I found some that sound good in the description, however I cant view the picture to know if I would want to attempt a transaction. So I signed up thinking that at that point I could view the attachment and decide, like how it works in EVERY OTHER WEB FORUM IN THE UNIVERSE..... Nope.

Here I have cash money in hand, am willing to drive to North Carolina where the seller lives and pick these things up if they looked alright. Instead, I cant even view the flipping picture. So basically there is no point for folks to sell items on here if he/she can only market wares to those that already have the same item.

/rant

If the mods view this and wish to grant me access to view attachments, they can verify my alliance to Ford products by checking out my same id on CrownVic.net and FullSizeBronco.com. I am no troll.

Cheers.
.rTBK
Old 01-15-2011, 12:06 PM
JWakebrd4
1st Gear Member

now it all makes sense
Old 01-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Herrmann315

Default What the hell

so where the heck can i post 2 rims and tires for sale...thes damn things just takeing up space!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 PM
USDMasf_ck

I posted in a classified thread as a new user just fine. I can't send the guy a pm though. Is that a restriction on a new account? I would like to purchase stuff off the classifieds but I need to know how to PM people

Quick Reply: Why can't I post in certain sections? Are you a new member?