Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Log-in issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blckstng93
I get the following in the Firefox error console when i sign-on to MF.

"Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'display'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: https://mustangforums.com/forum/clie...tant.css?v=372
Line: 46"

"Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method Location.toString"

"Error: [Exception... "'Component does not have requested interface' when calling method: [nsIInterfaceRequestor::getInterface]" nsresult: "0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"

"Warning: Unknown property '_top'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://static.internetbrands.com/par...c/afc_glue.css
Line: 29"

Mean anything to the Administrators?
Nobody else gets those in the Firefox error console?

Originally Posted by Ride Of The Month
do you have IE on your computer?
I have IE6 on my computer with Firefox as my default browser and AOL as my ISP using Windows XP. Had the same setup with the old MF with less grief.
Havent gotten word on anything yet. Is their a known bug between MF and IE? Im still having problems with this sites ridiculously slow loading, pages not loading, or not doing anything until i hit refresh, which doesnt always work.

Why is this the only site on the web giving me these problems??? What do i need to change? If it cant be fixed i am out of here.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Nobody else gets those in the Firefox error console?

Havent gotten word on anything yet. Is their a known bug between MF and IE? Im still having problems with this sites ridiculously slow loading, pages not loading, or not doing anything until i hit refresh, which doesnt always work.

Why is this the only site on the web giving me these problems??? What do i need to change? If it cant be fixed i am out of here.
i have never seen that error before ever.

I have tested the site on 3 different version of IE, 3 FF versions and on macs too and have no problems with slow downs or anything
Old 09-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Why is this the only site on the web giving me these problems???
Thats why this such a royal PITA.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:17 PM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

Im not using IE. I hate IE and wish it would crawl in a hole and die somewhere. i use firefox.

I dont think its cookies, cause it does it at home and at work. My WORK computer is set to delete all cookies/temp files/history when FF closes. But i DO NOT have it set that way at home. I get the same problem at home and at work.

But the odd thing is...it doesnt do it all the time. Like just now, when i logged in...it worked fine the first time. But last time i logged on, i had to do it twice.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

I dont use IE, i have AOL and use dial-up, i use Firefox as default browser, i have AVG and Spybot which are off at the moment thinking they are slowing me down, they are not. I keep them up-to-date and do scan for problems, all clean. Cookies, cache, temp files are all cleared with every shut down. Disc defrag and scan dics come up clean.

Yesterday it took 6 times and all of 5 minutes TRYING to sign-in and/or getting the next page after the redirect to load. I gave up. Because of the sporadic operation, i cannot help but believe that MF needs to check something. But im told nobody else has this problem? I get those answers from AOL and hate it. Like said, MF is the only site giving me this much grief. If a computer and/or settings were bad, id think the problems would be constant. Makes sense to me at least. Today i was able to sign-in 'ok'. It did hang up on the redirect page and i had to reload to get the forum page to fully load.

Ive posted a few times about my problems with MF, and while ive had responses, they did nothing to help me out. Admins havent told me what i can check or what i should check, theyve only asked questions. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I need answers. Can anybody help me!? Ive resorted to asking others on other websites i belong to just to get help as i dont seem to be getting much of anything here.

I hate being rude and demanding, but this site is not running like it should. I dont care what ive been told.

Please help me!