General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turbonator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
alexr
★★★★★

Default RE: Turbonator?

as much as i agree that theyre junk, you people that are buying them on here and saying theyre junk are the ones that own GT's. i think i was reading their ad and it said somewhere in there that theyre only effective on engines smaller than like 3.0, so even the 6ers wouldnt benefit from them. thats why id actually like to see someone test one on some car under 3.0L to see if it would actually give any results close to what they claim. although i do still believe they are crap.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:22 PM
95Stealth302
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hunter9s

There seems to be some confusion here that I think I can help you guys out with. Its basically terminology. There are these wonderful things you can buy for modular motors called Bolt ons. Examples of bolt ons: Under Drive Pullyes 8 - 12 HP, Cold air intake + 10 HP Larger TB and Pleniums + up to 20 HP. Then there is Junk which the turbonator would fall under. Ask me how I know?? I was stupid enough to spent 65 bucks and buy one. I got worse Mpg and didn't feel any more HP. But Hey Im just a disabled plumber who loves messing with his 02 GT. Now I did stumble on to something purely by accident that you wouldn't believe unless I strapped you into my car and took you for a spin. Im still doing the R & D on it but it took my GT and reallly woke it up. My buddy has a 2000 Cobra and I let him drive my car and all he would do is shake his head and say... if we raced I wouldn't even get a sniff of your exhaust.. This was an accident but Im telling you its unreal. Iwould be happy to explain it if someone asked.

Steve
I sent you a PM, but I'd like to know your secret!?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

iwant to see this 2000 cobra...

There seems to be some confusion here that I think I can help you guys out with. Its basically terminology. There are these wonderful things you can buy for modular motors called Bolt ons. Examples of bolt ons: Under Drive Pullyes 8 - 12 HP, Cold air intake + 10 HP Larger TB and Pleniums + up to 20 HP. Then there is Junk which the turbonator would fall under. Ask me how I know?? I was stupid enough to spent 65 bucks and buy one. I got worse Mpg and didn't feel any more HP. But Hey Im just a disabled plumber who loves messing with his 02 GT. Now I did stumble on to something purely by accident that you wouldn't believe unless I strapped you into my car and took you for a spin. Im still doing the R & D on it but it took my GT and reallly woke it up. My buddy has a 2000 Cobra and I let him drive my car and all he would do is shake his head and say... if we raced I wouldn't even get a sniff of your exhaust.. This was an accident but Im telling you its unreal. Iwould be happy to explain it if someone asked.

Steve
Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

hey man...i was joking about that..lol. what + input have you seen in this whole forum on this thing? i would never put one of those in my car.
ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

ORIGINAL: ikeybmg

great guys...i cant wait to order mine tomorrow. thanks for the+ input!
nOObs[&o] Go ahead and order them...then when they fall apart and get sucked into your engine, you might learn. That and when you lose a race to someone with the same stock HP as you...In other words..THEY ARE JUNK!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:34 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

my fast doesnt want a turbonator in his throat![sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: ikeybmg

vfast doesnt want a turbonator in his throat![sm=badbadbad.gif]
[&:]
Old 03-09-2006, 09:44 AM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

Steve
ORIGINAL: grabbem88

iwant to see this 2000 cobra...
Maybe he had it imported from Australia? [8D]

So what is this secret hunter9s?