General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sirius sat radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:08 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Sirius sat radio

You dont get rid of the stock antenna, when I hooked up my sirius I originally just used a low station lik 87.7fm that didnt have a deciated station linked to it and reception was ok. But go buy the adapter for like 30 dollars, you plug the antenna lead from radio into it and then from the adapter to the antenna. Crystal clear radio that way
Old 05-10-2006, 02:47 AM
weasel1088
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 83beast

hey, dont touch anything on your car. go to walmart and buy a sat rad setup for like 50 bucks. comes with everything except the subscription. and when you get the subscription, you get a free online subscription too. you can put in a new radio, but its gonna cost at least 300 bucks. mine was 600. and its not portable. the walmart one is ultra portable. runs off the cig lighter.

Better yet....go to circuit city and pay 37 total for XM (minus the subscription) and its portable if you have the in home docking station(another 40 bucks) i have it and i like it...12.99 a month
Old 05-10-2006, 02:50 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

I too love sirius stations and always hated the units that xm was putting out. But ... at work today I saw some of the units that xm is putting out and it made me want to switch to xm. they have the pioneer inno out and it is the first completely live satelite portable unit that you can use inside buildings, subways etc... but the that reception is provided only in large cities dont know much else on it though. Also if you want a cleaner install with whatever unit you get you can hard wire the car kits power into your cars harness and that will be one less wire hangin out...
Old 05-10-2006, 03:06 AM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hookandpull

I too love sirius stations and always hated the units that xm was putting out. But ... at work today I saw some of the units that xm is putting out and it made me want to switch to xm. they have the pioneer inno out and it is the first completely live satelite portable unit that you can use inside buildings, subways etc... but the that reception is provided only in large cities dont know much else on it though. Also if you want a cleaner install with whatever unit you get you can hard wire the car kits power into your cars harness and that will be one less wire hangin out...
The programming on sirius is superior to that of XM, regardless of the receiver styling. What comes out of the speaker is what counts for me
Old 05-10-2006, 03:18 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myshifter.com

ORIGINAL: hookandpull

The programming on sirius is superior to that of XM, regardless of the receiver styling. What comes out of the speaker is what counts for me

True true... siruis also covers the entire continent including mexico. where xm doesnt .
Old 05-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

What they mean when they say Sat Ready on the Mach in the new stangs is this. You can have the dealer install a sat unit in the car that would be controlled via the stock radio. I was going to do this on my wife's escape, but found out that the unit plus install is almost 600 dollars plus the 12.99 per month.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:20 PM
rseffren

Any guidance on how to integrate Sirius Satellite Radio, IPOD, and cellphone Bluetooth with the Shaker 1000 Radio on a 'Mustang GT?
Old 05-19-2006, 03:03 PM
vapor

Sirius is the "Best" - Got Stern, Nascar, etc.....