General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'03 GT Tranny problem....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:01 AM
the.main.man
1st Gear Member

Default RE: '03 GT Tranny problem....

And how hard is it to replace that?

Update - I got a call from the dealer late yesterday....they said they couldn't find a problem. I went there and drove it with the SM...and low and behold, there was no problem shifting from 1 to 2....I find this VERY strange. He said they didn't make any adjustments or anything but the problem was gone......I'm starting to wonder if they did do something and don't want to fess up to it as the warranty is due to expire next week and they don't want it to come back until AFTER it's done....any thoughts on this?
Old 05-14-2006, 02:30 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: '03 GT Tranny problem....

If there is problems shifting like that then they cant just fix it easily, the parts work and labor would be a whole lot anyways, especially if they were trying to hide something so they wouldnt have to work at a discounted rate for the company, doesnt make sence spending money to save money in that case.

Thing is anything can happen, I think a good portion of us here have had a prob, take it in to only be told there is no problem. That kind of stuff can fade in and out. If its your throwout bearing that can really go in and out as I have experiances A LOT of times. I would press the topic to them and tell them that you want your clutch and throwout bearing replaced because you have had the problem occure many times before.

If it dies after warenty and they wont help then just fork out the cash for a TKO-600 and sell your old trans as parts.

The trans swap is pretty easy, you can find lots of literature about it here on this site. If you go to that transmission I would upgrade to a clutch that can handle at least 400ftlbs torque. It will be a lot better than stock and you will be a little faster too because of the increased bite.

Good luck with everything

-Eric-