General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help....I need help.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:45 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Default Help....I need help.....

I have had my 06 Screaming Yellow GT for 3 months and I began noticing when it rained water on the passenger side front mat. I mean lots of puddled up water when it rained or I washed the car. Took it to the Dealer on Monday of last week for a oil change and to check for the leak.....well its Tuesday over a week later and my baby is still at the dealer. They tell me she has multiple weld leaks from where the car was not welded properly at the factory. They have fixed 3 already and now they found more. So the fender has been off, the carpet torn up and now they say the dash must be removed and leaks fixed there. Has anyone ever heard of this and wtf should I do. I'm not sure I want a car that has been torn all apart and has multiple water leaks......any advice? [X(]
Old 06-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help....I need help.....

I agree!!!I'm not up on what would constitute a lemon law settlement in your state but something like this would give me plenty of grief.
All that some states require is that the car be out of service for a certain period of time (???) but I would try to get the ball rolling anyhow.Keep everything the dealer gives you,service contracts,repair records,and the receipt you get when the work is complete.If you have any other trouble such as sqeaks,rattles,or electrical problems,document these also,to show a pattern of claims.Good luck with your car.Keep us posted on any developements.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help....I need help.....

Youch dude! I'd raise screaming hell at the dealership for them to replace the whole car with another one in a case like that!! Who knows what potential water damage type problems may surface years from now.. Give'em HELL dude!