General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

DR's r teh sh!zzy

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 03:55 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default DR's r teh sh!zzy

Just finished slapping on nitto 555R's, and a few days ago upper and lower control arms, and steeda sport springs. After driving around for 20 minutes or so I gave it a little 1/4 mile practice session - well....

Pro's: I used to annihilate ALL of 1st, 2nd, part of 3rd, and bark 4th EVERY time, now I cant bark 4th anymore, cant do it in 3rd either, and chirped 2nd only (didnt launch in 1st on the street), and I didnt even do a burnout! Man Im so impressed with my setup. It absolutely grips the road!

Con's: ROCKS!!!!! let me tell you, if there was a rock in the road, it either found the inside of my wheelwell, or it was deposited onto the windshield of the car behind me! And, ummm, my wife Veronicas STV Contour now has 3 rock marks on her windshield no thanks to moi (hehehehehe).

At any rate, just thought I'd tell. Ohm and another pro: got them for $318.00 shipped to my door (158 each + NO tax and NO shipping). I can tell you, the best place Ive found for tires is this place:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...odeIndex=40165

I ordered them on Thursday evening and got them Monday afternoon.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:01 PM
WNDSOR
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: DR's r teh sh!zzy

why didnt you launch in first, kind of hard on the ol drivetrain isnt it?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:07 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

I just wanted to have a good idea of how well its gripping, dr's need to be heated (aka big burnout) to grip the most, and on a public road I didnt want to get busted doing it. Ive already gotten one $680.00 fine / 80 hours community service drag racing ticket when I was 18, dont want another one lol. I shut down at 75mph (speed limit 65). Man I can tell you I have a feeling Im gonna get my 60'ers down to 1.8 or below. We'll find out Thursday.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:17 PM
WNDSOR
2nd Gear Member

damn, little excessive ticket wasnt it!
Old 05-18-2004, 04:53 PM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

Your setup does sound Bad!!! I need to that to mine.....

Yeah 5.0's around here dont mess around either when it comes to racing....
2 years ago, I was caught for racing another buddies stang and I was taken to jail, stang impunded, 945 dollars in fines and 50 hrs community service at a childrens history museum hahahahahaha.... it was not fun at all..

Oh and buddy your little monster in your sig I think needs a diaper change lol
Old 05-18-2004, 05:08 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MelloYello

Your setup does sound Bad!!! I need to that to mine.....

Yeah 5.0's around here dont mess around either when it comes to racing....
2 years ago, I was caught for racing another buddies stang and I was taken to jail, stang impunded, 945 dollars in fines and 50 hrs community service at a childrens history museum hahahahahaha.... it was not fun at all..

Oh and buddy your little monster in your sig I think needs a diaper change lol
Dang that sucks. I was in an 86 5.0 at the time... funny thing was that while I was in fact racing a ricer at the time, I NEVER once squeeled the tires, and NEVER exceeded 35mph (in a 45mph zone by the way) the entire time. I just got on it quick from 1st to second - and I got the blue lights. Lol funny thing was the judge was told by the cop that he estimated my speed to be approx 70 - 80 mph but he never got a clock on me - pfffffft - and the judge said I dont have to be squeeling tire OR speeding to be drag racing - its, by definition, a public display of speed. Had to do my time at the recycling plant - ewwwwwww

Fortunately the judge reduced it to too fast for conditions after I did the comm service - but he's still a d!ckhead. But hey, at least now I have a real good understanding of the dewey decimal system lol!

Oh yea and my buddies gonna get changed soon, I never noticed that little dookie stain!
Old 05-20-2004, 12:19 AM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

That's so stupid. But it's all setup like that so they can find a way to charge you in just about any situation if they want to, it's all bull****.