General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LT HEADER INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
lecherp

Default LT HEADER INSTALL

this weekend i will be attempting to install my new long tube headers. i have a question that i hope someone can answer, i have a 04 gt, its a conertable. i bout slp lt headers, the instructions says convertable models may require k-member modifications, does anyone know if a modification is needed to be done or what modification is needed to be done?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 PM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: LT HEADER INSTALL

I have the MAC lt tubes because SLP told me I can't use them on my auto/convertable. Here's the issues I ran into which I can't imagine how they could be that different.The subframe comes to a v in front of the transpan. vey tight. Also, where the LTmerge with the midpipe, the transpan is a 1/8th of a inch from it. I can't use a socket to keep them tight, it won't fit. I have to use a very thin wrench to tighten.
I would call the tech because it shows that your set/up won't work with convertables, only auto. If I get a chance, Ill send you a pic of mine and how close it is.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:18 AM
lecherp

does it make a difference if it an auto or manual? i have an auto? that sucks if that wont work, how bad were the mac headers to put in? hows it sound?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:11 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

If I get a chnce, Ill get under my car and show you how tight the headers are on the passenger side. There's probably a 1/8th inch next to the trans pan. I wanted SLP headers org. , but for some reason they said the wouldn't fit on my auto/conv. I like the MAC LT, the only thing I was alittle dissapointed in was when I store it, surface rust appears on the headers. I end up spending a couple of hours cleaning them off. The MAC took us 8 1/2 hours to put on.very,very tight.
IM not aure where on the k-member mods would need cutting. Have a grinder ava, it might be as simple as that. I can't imagine the MAC being that much difference in shape. Ill look tommorow and give you a idea.