General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Them damn Turbos!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 03:33 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Them damn Turbos!

ORIGINAL: RollinThunder

ORIGINAL: UT04GT

if a srt-4 was close to a cobra and the cobra was a 03/04 model, that had to be the worst driver in the world in the cobra. The GT I can see. Put a turbo on the GT then compare
for about 3k in mods w/ slicks u can get the srt-4 into the 11's ..stick a bigger turbo on the srt..and well u kno the rest
i highly doubt 3k....my friend runs 12s with a boost controller, intake, and cat back
Old 07-13-2004, 03:53 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Please oh PLEASE GOD not ANOTHER srt-4 thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 04:04 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

Please oh PLEASE GOD not ANOTHER srt-4 thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont see whats wrong with an intelligent debate?
Old 07-13-2004, 04:19 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

I think "SRT-4" and "intelligent debate" are opposing terms
Old 07-13-2004, 05:02 PM
89vertgt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UT04GT

I think "SRT-4" and "intelligent debate" are opposing terms
that shows your intelligence level.....

you v8 lovers have to give those engineers some credit for being able to create that much HP from half the engine your stangs have.....thats like getting your a** whooped by a 12 year old midget....you'd have to give him some respect now wouldn't you?

I personally like the srt-4...its a large 4 cyl at 2.5L and with a 20G turbo i'm sure that it would be running mid to low 11s....
Old 07-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

you v8 lovers have to give those engineers some credit for being able to create that much HP from half the engine your stangs have
Why are you guys so amazed by this? They took a 4 cyl, threw some forged internals in it and bolted a turbo on it. If it was N/A, I would be impressed.

They're not rocket scientists. It's not that hard to make them fast.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:08 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

that just comes from my interaction with the srt-4 owners I've met not the car itself
Old 07-13-2004, 05:14 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

they get no respect because it a HALF of a real engine*L*..reason the lil 4 banger are running so well is the aftermarket has gone crazy of the import craze..I wouldn't say ricer at this point and have well left us v-8 holding the bag...if it wasn't for ford,chevy,dodge these people would had been out of business and now they have turned thier back on us..ex..why hasn't a killer intke been made for a good price for a stang?....I tell you why because thier getting$ 400.00 for underdrive pulleys.$400 for a header../.$500 for a single exhaust.. 4-5k for a turbo kits....they are raping the imports....

look for ex..a 4 banger subaru getting 300hp stock an a gt getting what 260 even ford don't care as they focus on the FOCUS cars are jumping off the lot. like why doesn't mazda do some ford styling as I think the mazda 6 is one sweet looking car for under 20k. have all the designer gone import? this is why I will not support a new stang in my driveway..f'em...
Old 07-13-2004, 05:24 PM
89vertgt
1st Gear Member

those are good points.....the world is all about making things better faster and more efficient....thus the craze of a small car...why should I go buy a mustang that at best will get 20 MPG oh the highway when I can get a little neon srt-4 with a boost controller and be equally as fast and still be able to produce 30+ MPG???

the fact of the matter is that the younger generations (myself included) LIKE smaller vehicles....the larger rear wheel drive cars are giving way to new innovations that last longer and perform equally as well and are more efficient....
Old 07-13-2004, 06:20 PM
D1g1tal V3n0m
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: sidewayz4.6
Why are you guys so amazed by this? They took a 4 cyl, threw some forged internals in it and bolted a turbo on it. If it was N/A, I would be impressed.

Why are you guys so amazed with the 03 Cobra? They took a V-8 threw some forged internals in it and bolted a Supercharger to it. If it was N/A, I would be impressed.

Exact same thing can be said for a 03 Cobra and it fits.

Vfast....

A 4 Cylinder is half a real engine? Ok so a V-8 must be half of an awesome engine? You're argument doesn't really stick very well. A intake for a good price on a stang? There's quite a few. Underdrive pulleys are 160$ max for the powder coated aluminum from March. Hardly anywhere near the 400$ you speak of.

Ford doesn't put all their man power on the Focus. Ford never really has been a huge innovation as far as concept changes etc. The 05 Mustang I believe is the first Mustang to be based solely on it's own chassis design etc.

Fact is you guys have excuses for everything. If you lose to a 4 Cylinder then you lose. Give it the credit it deserves. Don't say "Oh well it's still a 4 Banger" or some biased **** like that. You guys are so stuck in your own world.

Quick Reply: Them damn Turbos!