General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

changing plugs please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 05:14 AM
kenseth17

Default RE: changing plugs please help

I didnt mean to start truble. I thank you guys for the help, I kind of thought their would be diferent people thinking diferent things But I have a good Idea where to start The only thing now is picking plugs I know Im stock now - the air intake But if say I get stuff this summer, Would it be worth putting in the NKG platinum now or change them later ? If my wife gives in by the summer Id probebly get a Saleen but if she doesnt Im gonna build this one up. So what Im asking is if I put the NKG platinums in is that the way to go If im gonna do other stuff to it or do you still like the copper and if copper with what I said above do I get 1 or 2 head ? sorry if im being a pain thanks for the help
Old 11-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I only like copper for modified cars. The platinums will work great for a stocker. Don't bother with the multiple path plugs (splitfire, bosch +4, etc.). The spark will only take a single path...the easiest one. It won't split itself out to each path.

When you go to install the supercharger, you'll be makeing a lot of other changes, including a narrow gap to contend with the increased cylinder turbulence. At that time, you'll be changing your plugs to something recommended by the SC manufacturer and/or the dyno shop that you'll be visiting to reflash your computer.

ORIGINAL: kenseth17

I didnt mean to start truble. I thank you guys for the help, I kind of thought their would be diferent people thinking diferent things But I have a good Idea where to start The only thing now is picking plugs I know Im stock now - the air intake But if say I get stuff this summer, Would it be worth putting in the NKG platinum now or change them later ? If my wife gives in by the summer Id probebly get a Saleen but if she doesnt Im gonna build this one up. So what Im asking is if I put the NKG platinums in is that the way to go If im gonna do other stuff to it or do you still like the copper and if copper with what I said above do I get 1 or 2 head ? sorry if im being a pain thanks for the help
Old 11-12-2006, 05:50 AM
kenseth17

So I will get the NGK Platinum (TR55 P or TR6 P) ? And when or if I go modified go with copper. First thing Monday wish me luck thanks again it beats paying $200/$300 And its gonna feel good working on my own car
Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Good plan. Just don't forget the anti-sieze, dielectric grease, good spark plug socket with rubber insert, and make sure to clean the spark plug holes prior to removing the plugs. After that, just take your time and you'll get it right.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
kenseth17

Thanks man you've been a big help. I will let you know how it came out .
Old 11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

lol

http://www.stangnet.com/tech/lee50guru/dense_tech.html

Old 11-13-2006, 02:19 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

That is funny....nothing they did aside from the pulleys made any gains that would be outside the tolerance of the dyno. I like the gained .6 hp bit...yeah, I'm sure that dyno has that precise of repeatability.[&:]

Old 11-13-2006, 08:03 AM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

There is your NGK plugs.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:30 AM
kenseth17

I take it you dont think I should go with NGK? I was gonna get the Denso IT16 Iridium, But when I went to their web site the closest place to me that sells them is NY And I was just gonna go to PepBoys or Autozone because NY is like 90 miles away, If you think Im making A bad move please let me know now because in the morning I was gonna go. And yes I am A led foot just about every time I get into my car
Old 11-13-2006, 08:45 AM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

Here is what we use

http://www.adtr.net/shop.php?page=electric

As said before, led footing requires 1 heat range colder. Racing applications, such as sprint and even auto x see 2 or more heat ranges colder and require retuned spark map, such plugs usually come on at the beggining of race day and come off in the evening, not for daily driving.

AGSF-22C is what you need

Quick Reply: changing plugs please help