General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New SVT boost question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: New SVT boost question

Good job!

Man, I give you all the credit in the world for not flipping out. If I shelled out the cash for a Cobra and a dealer tried telling me it doesn't work until you have 35 miles on it...

Mind giving me the phone number to your dealership Seriously..
Old 09-04-2004, 10:10 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

Damn thats sale guy should be shot right their on the spot, boost guage starts working at 35 miles, Damn that must be some really good crack they are smoking, I got an old school paxton supercharger on my 83 3.8 Stang, My gauge works everytime I fire her up. Something is wrong there jefflesh, Go demand the dealer to fix it. Its only fair,

Good Luck dude.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:26 AM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

To be fair, the mechanic told my sales guy that my guage wouldn't work until 35 miles. It's a little scarry that it came from the mechanic. I am not sure I would buy another car from them. When I tk it over my father-in-laws house I noticed that the bracket on the side of the super charges was all scratched and starting to rust. When I looked closer at it I noticed that two of the silinoids attached to it were broke. Needless to say I toof it right back, they fixed it but now I oticed that they split the opening of one of the vacuum tubes so it has to go back yet again. Also they put on too much tire shine stuff. after driving it for 4 miles I got out and looked at it and both sides of the car were covered in little black specs of oil coming from the tires (I reakky checked hard for an actual oil leak, there is none.)

Other than that, the car is great. I got her in tourch red and she looks sarp. Fast as hell too. I wouldn't mind sticking a louder exhaust on it, maybe a flow-master od something. Not sure I want to replace the h pipe, I don't think I want it that loud. I had an 86 Mustang GT back in the 90's; it had a straight pipe from the headers back, it was LOUD. Al though I am sure the straight pipe would sound better with mufflers.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 09-05-2004, 06:18 PM
e40water
2nd Gear Member

well In my opinion thats ford Mechanic should be fired, Their is a problem when the gauge isnt reading, Even on a new car. Thats just crazy. What ford dealership is it? I sure wouldnt give no bussiness there never again.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:16 AM
svtcobras.com

What country is this dealer in? Lyin sacks of shi*.